clicking sound coming from amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Col Pruse, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Col Pruse

Col Pruse Supporting Member

May 28, 2003
    Savannah, GA
    Hope someone can help me out with this or fill me in on what the problem may be.

I have a behringer ultrabass bx300 combo amp. If I touch a string when not touching anything else, the amp gives out a click sound. Even happens if i touch the tuning pegs. But it doesn't happen when my fingers are on the other strings. Anyone know what this could be?
  2. Bbbodie

May 12, 2004
    That's typically from grounding issues. I have the same issue with my Fender guitars (no clicking, just hum) when I have one pickup on and nothing touching the strings, soon as I touch the string the hum (ground circuit) happens.

Wonder what the issue really is as I'm looking for a very inexpensive unit. How do you like yours other than that issue?

3. Col Pruse

Col Pruse Supporting Member

May 28, 2003
    Savannah, GA
    The amp is fine for what I need it to do. I haven't been playing for a year yet so it works great for practicing. Wish I could get rid of the click though. Any way to get rid of the grounding issue?
  4. Have you tried plugging into some different outlets to see if that remedies the problem? Sometimes outlets are not properly grounded even though they may have the "three prong" outlet present...often times someone just replaced the old 2 hole one without actually rewiring for the ground circuit.
    Id even try it in another house or building all together.
  5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Just keep in contact with the strings at all times. It's actually not as hard as it seems. Even when playing an open string, you can rest your left hand against one of the strings.

There is nothing wrong with your amp or bass.