Clicking sound when playing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Michael arusi, Jul 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Michael arusi

Michael arusi

Jul 13, 2020
    Ive been playing for more than 6 months and sometimes when i plug my bass to my amp (rumble LT 25) it does a clicking sound.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I'll start: Move your cell phone away from the bass amp and bass.

MonetBass and wave rider like this.
  3. Maybe this guy is living inside the amp?
    4793c18098fdb3c404c6728c45f84072.png

seamonkey and Joe Nerve like this.
  4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Are you plugging in the bass while the amp is on?

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Could be a few different things...

If its an electronic amp clicking kind of thing, I agree with the phone suggestion. If its from your playing then its your technique. You can tweak the EQ on your amp (and/or settings on the bass), switch your strings to flats, pay closer attention to your technique and how you're hitting the strings - or buy another bass :) .

I had a clicking problem a long time ago when I bought my first high end bass, a Warwick. I had to work hard with EQ to get it to disappear, then learned to work it into my playing style. It never completely disappeared, I eventually sold the bass (for other reasons), and I haven't had the problem since. I've owned LOTS of basses too.

Sometimes we just don't gel with certain instruments.

TinIndian likes this.
  6. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    Are you playing Korn Covers? If So, I think its sposda be there..lol.
    Guess I wasn't much help, but it was clever. I feel we need more info to give you the best solution.

T$

bhendrix likes this.
  7. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I take multivitamins and glucosamine and collagen so I have to fix my amp's clicking sound at least once a week.
    Every bassist needs to keep one of these in their gig bag:
    =tbn%3AANd9GcT5ecffsW613odKz8Fn5Zxxrp8mefcPxtLVzCL7J2b1HkvJfIT6R8S7AEFNzrw5q1uPx5dp45ff&usqp=CAc.jpg

4StringMadness and MonetBass like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021