Cliff ´em all

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    hey I got the cliff em all video from the mexican version of e-bay for 10 bucks.

it´s yet to arrive but i need you comments on this video, i have never seen it.

Which are you favorite parts-songs?
    is this a good video?

ok bye!!

long live verse-chorus-verse-chorus-verse!!

2. I have Cliff 'Em All. Its nutty, although the quality on some of the songs leaves a little to be desired. Only one comment i have on it tho, is that they show Cliff playing Pulling Teeth like 5 or 6 times, this can get tiresome if u watch it as much as we watch metallica vids :D (Is two or three vids twice a day too much? we wore out Cunning Stunts so its unwatchable:))

Apart from that, its good too watch, has some really old footage like "first tour" "second show ever" sorta thing. Some even have Dave Mustaine etc. Worth the buy if you're a fan!

PS we have a stack of bootlegs plus all the commercial vids, if ya need any opinions on stuff, give us a buzz. :p
  3. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Well unfortunately MOP SUCKED on it.. the best songs were 4 horsemen, FWTBT, and seek and destroy was pretty good too.
  4. FaultLine423

Aug 27, 2000
    I also have Cliff 'em All. The quality pretty much sucks. In about half the songs, you can't hear the bass at all next to the guitars, plus the overall singing by James is awful. There is still some amazing bass playing though, so it's definitely worth checking out. While we're on the subject, can anybody tell me if Dream Theater's 5 years in a Livetime is worth buying?
  5. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Yeah, all the above comments are true, but the way I see it, if you're a Cliff fan then the vid is mandatory viewing. Unfortunately there are no better Cliff vids to choose from and its a great collection of vintage Cliff and metallica from their golden era. So you definately did the right thing by buying it (assuming you actually recieve it from whoever you bought it from).