1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Cliff Bordwell Custom 5 String D Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seakamp, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Hey Folks. So I've been thinking A LOT about my living situation and all of the gear I have. For me, it just isn't worth the credit card debt to have the gear I currently 'own' :eek: My loss will be Everyone else's gain. I need to sell some gear off and here is the bass thread.

Cliff Bordwell Custom DBass 5er - $2000 shipped

This PAINS me in more of an indescribable way than anything but is must be done. I've gotta liquidate my baby. I just received my Cliff Bordwell Custom D-Bass 3 months ago and I've gotta put her on the selling block already. It was nice to get a taste of what a custom made bass feels like, looks like and sounds like... unfortunately the dream can not go on. Due to a new living situation and bills that have to be paid... it has got to go. Here are the specs:

Scale length: 34"
    String spacing at Bridge: 19mm
    Body thickness: 1.525

Fretted
    Pau Ferro Fingerboard
    Maple/Wenge Neck
    Fingerboard Radius: 16"

Full faced top
    Top: Redwood Lace Burl
    Core: Walnut
    Back: Bubinga
    Headstock Plate: Redwood Lace Burl

Bridge: Hipshot style "A"
    Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites

Truss rod: two-way adjustable

Dunlop Strap locks
    Output: 1/4" Side mount

Pickups: Nordstrand
    Preamp: Audere
    Controls:Vol/Blend/Low/low mid/high mid/high/active-passive switch/z-mode switch

Weight : 9.8-10lbs

If you have any other questions shoot em my way. I'll be taking more pictures.

I paid $2800+ for this bass shipped to me, I'm looking for $2000 shipped to you. There are 2 imperfections with this bass, they are noted in the pictures I have taken which can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14422746@N00/sets/72157594468037140/

Such an easy player and is the most comfortable 5er I have ever played. Please give her a good home!

2. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got lucky that I'm on here in time. I think I'm first in line for the DPLE II. It'll go well with my other matching headstock beauts.

lakies.

4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    3 very cool basses! good luck with the sales.

5. Dude pit Limited is MINE AGAIN!! MWUUUUUUUHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

I think........

:bag:

Peace,

T

6. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Yup, she gone.

The others are still left!

7. MINE, MINE, MINE!!! Should have kept her to start with!!!

Thanks for waiting for me Craig!

Peace,

T

8. You get first dibs if I ever decide to let her go again!! I will even hold her for you if necessary!

Peace,

T

9. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    When T say's he'll hold a bass for you... he will do exactly that.

Love that Sad you are pickin up. enjoy!!!!

10. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    So what did the DPLE2 sell for?

11. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Tom,

Somehow, I'm okay with this buddy. ;)

I have a feeling THIS ONE will be mine someday. It's just on loan for a second......:D

peace.

Al

12. This DPLE was originally mine. I had previously sold a Fender Marcus Miller with Sadowsky PUPS and Pre to seaKamp and we traded my DPLE for me getting the Marcus back...now we traded back again...I got my DPLE and he got mine/his/mine/his Marcus Miller back...LOL! I know, we ARE nuts but that is what is so great about this place! The people are really GREAT!!

I was really worried that you would be disappointed AL...I am glad you are OK with this...it seems like you just can't get your mits on this bass! I will definitely make it happen for you if I ever decide to part with her again!

Peace,

T

13. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Yeah Al, sorry it went down like that. T and I have been PMing and he decided to pull the trigger right before you and I were going to finalize everything. Him being the original owner and us having talked before I put this thread up... I figured it was the right thing to do. Oh well, you are at the top of the list for the DPLE II if T ever decides to flip it. I'm crossin my fingers for ya man. I hope you get one via T or anyone else deciding to sell one. It really is a great bass and I am a HUGE Lakland fan now because of it. I won't be owning any Lakland basses right now(thinning the heard just to the MM) but the bass as a whole and the neck... THE NECK... to die for. I don't even want to think what a USA model is like :bassist: Imma stop it now. Enjoy it T and good luck in your hunt Al!

14. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's all good. T told me about some unique characteristics about that particular DPLE II that makes that particular one the only one I'm really pursuing. I want to be one of two guys with both DPLE's!

Anyway, I'm really not too bummed about that P Bass. Actually, if T and I didn't become friends, I would be broke because of all the gear his has talked me out of buying. After I described my tastes, I'm pretty sure a lot of those items would not have worked out for me.

peace.

15. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Price drops before they go to the bay.

16. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    bumpage

17. Just for the curious, Al's prediction was off by just a day or 2. The DPLE II IS on her way to LA tomorrow! I made a deal with AL to trade his DB750 for her and i can't think of a better guy I'd want to send her to!!!! :hyper:

:D

Peace,

T

18. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Awesome! Everyone wins! Have fun with it Al!!!!! :bassist:

BUMP!

19. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005