Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cliff Burton Anesthesia problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, Mar 5, 2001.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    I am having a little trouble with this solo. I can play it all, but I dont know what exact effects he used. I have a processor but I can't seem to get the right sound. I know he uses some type of distortion and some type of wah in some places. Can anyone tell me what EXACT pedal he used, or close to it?

2. He used a morley wah/distortion pedal. I believe it was a guitarist one. Bass wahs are mainly for use in the bass and cliff uses it in the high register so you're better off using a guitarist's one.

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Id probably start out with somthing a little easier like orion! It s awsome bass line! Then maybe you can figure out how he thinks a little!

4. whenever I play orion, I feel like cliff's in me playing it for me. =X it's really weird. I love it =D

5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Just wish i could find a guitar player that could do the damned parts correct!

6. Amen!! lol I only knew one kid who's spent the time to actually play some of it with me! Great guitarist! He had a Custom 22.. great guitar =)

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I could be wrong, but I thought Newsted played in Orion. I thought Burton died before this song was recorded?:confused:

8. Chromed

Chromed

Mar 9, 2001
    Atlanta
    Naw, it was Cliff. Orion was on Master of Puppets, the last album to feature Burton.

9. They played Orion at his funeral. It was Burton. You can hear totally different styles of play from Master of Puppets to ...And Justice for All. The bass is turned down on Justice lol. If you listen closely, you can hear Cliffs E string hitting the frets as he strikes it with his finger in orion.

10. GOX42

GOX42

Sep 28, 2000
    rising sun indiana
    It was a morley power fuzz/wah you can still find them around at vintage shops I bought one and didn't like it It affected your tone even if it was off. I found the best way to get the sound was get a bass head that will overdrive itself (I use a peavey T-Maxx) and a dunlop crybaby wah (That is if you can find one that doesn't break down after a year) Allthough the sound is all in your fingers