1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cliff Burton songs

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ef4, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Ef4

Ef4

Jul 28, 2009
    Ok so i know Orion, Anesthesia, and The Call of Ktulu and i love them but what are some other good songs of cliff

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Metallica's albums with Cliff: Kill Em' All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets. Listen to them, buy them and cherish them.

3. problem is, you can only get so much of him. it sounds like you are looking for more songs that he uses lots of distortion and his lead bass technique, and your out of luck.. the only other song i can think of that you didn't list is "for whom the bell tolls". you've got plenty of other songs that he doesn't uses those techniques that have great basslines...your best off doing what gearhead here says ^^^

4. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Cliff actually wrote a good portion of the songs that were on And Justice For All. Of course he wasn't around to play on the album.

5. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow

+1 bowdown.gif

6. I can only imagine how the Metal genre would have evolved in general given Cliff was still alive today. Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) is a fairly difficult bass solo.
    Congrats for learning it Ef4! I would love to hear a sound sample if you have one.

7. The Cliff 'em All video is also a good buy if you can find it. Lots of solo bass stuff on there thats not on the albums.

8. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    The Four Horsemen is a great bass piece.
    Am I Evil isn't too hard, but has an awesome vibe to it, same for Creeping Death and Phantom Lord

9. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    [​IMG]

10. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    pick up the book 'to live is to die' great book that discussed each of the albums Cliff was on and provides more insight into his impact to the songs, metallica and the metal industry

11. Cliff Burton is one hell of a player. He is great. Orion makes my jaw drop every time I hear it. :eek:

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020