1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cliff Burton VS Steve Harris

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by maniacmetalhead, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Cliff Burton

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Steve Harris

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maniacmetalhead

maniacmetalhead

Jun 4, 2007
    It is a stupid poll,but I was really bored and my friends and I have been arguing a lot about it.I believe that Burton's basslines are very average for thrash metal and almost boring.His solos are great, but that is not enough.On the other hand,Harris plays great lines, with fills and stuff and his progressive influences have a really great effect in Maiden songs.His playing might not be as innovative as Cliff's and his playing hasn't changed much since 1980 (except for the synth bass in Somewhere in Time) but I prefer his style so myvote goes to Steve.

2. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Cliff was nothing special...

Steve on the other hand was.

(IMHO of course)

3. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    they are two different worlds. I love Harris for his driving pounding, whereas Burton was ahead of his time with his stylistic approach to bass

4. i couldent have said it better my self! but i went with Steve Harris only because i like his lines better and i feel they fit better

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.