1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cliff Burton Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jordane818, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jordane818

jordane818

Jan 17, 2005
    Does anybody own or know of any other wah pedal that can get as close a sound to Burton's other than the Morley PWB? those are extremely rare, so until i can find it, im looking for a good substitute. unless anyone here owns one and is willing to sell?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I use a Morley Pro Series II Bass wah which is also out of production. The PWB can be found on eBay, probably one or two a week, some go high, some don't. A Power Wah Fuzz (PWF) will give you a similar sound as well.

Basically, all Morleys have sounds reminiscent of each other. Check out a newer model, you really won't be too far away.

3. jordane818

jordane818

Jan 17, 2005
    thanx. i didnt know the one u have is out of production, thouhgt i saw it on amazon not too long ago...well thanx again.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The blue one is the one I was talking about, it's out of production. Morley still makes the Pro Series Dual Bass Wah.

5. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    theyre not that rare, i just bought one on Ebay for 50 bucks US

6. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I think Cliff used the original Morley guitar wah (was well before they did the bass model) - it's huge and silver, look out for one secondhand or on Ebay...

Russ :bassist:

7. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    thast what the power wah boost is, the Morley PWB wah pedal is the old chrome wah, but its not just a guitar wah, its full range so they advertise its use for gutiar/bass/keyboards