Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cliff Burton Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jordane818, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jordane818

jordane818

Jan 17, 2005
    Does anybody own or know of any other wah pedal that can get as close a sound to Burton's other than the Morley PWB? those are extremely rare, so until i can find it, im looking for a good substitute. unless anyone here owns one and is willing to sell?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I use a Morley Pro Series II Bass wah which is also out of production. The PWB can be found on eBay, probably one or two a week, some go high, some don't. A Power Wah Fuzz (PWF) will give you a similar sound as well.

Basically, all Morleys have sounds reminiscent of each other. Check out a newer model, you really won't be too far away.

3. jordane818

jordane818

Jan 17, 2005
    thanx. i didnt know the one u have is out of production, thouhgt i saw it on amazon not too long ago...well thanx again.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The blue one is the one I was talking about, it's out of production. Morley still makes the Pro Series Dual Bass Wah.

5. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    theyre not that rare, i just bought one on Ebay for 50 bucks US

6. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I think Cliff used the original Morley guitar wah (was well before they did the bass model) - it's huge and silver, look out for one secondhand or on Ebay...

Russ :bassist:

7. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    thast what the power wah boost is, the Morley PWB wah pedal is the old chrome wah, but its not just a guitar wah, its full range so they advertise its use for gutiar/bass/keyboards