cliff burton

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fart gas, Jun 9, 2001.

1. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

Does anyone know what wah and distortion pedal he used? Im looking around for a good one and his sounds cool.
  2. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    yeah, a Morley wah, and an overdriven mesa amp!
  3. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

Thanks a lot man. I mean Zann.
  4. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    No prob man, I love Cliff's playing. Definatly my main influence.
  5. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    "Fart Gas" great name!!! Its kinda subtle though; what is the deep inner meaning?
  6. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    the morley wah boost pedal is definetly the best wah pedal to get, slightly expensive but brilliant.
    i used to use a bespeco weeper thru my gfx unit but nothing sounds better than the morley (listen to call of ktulu)
    distortion wise i go for the boss ds1, but i'm upgrading to the DS2 with the romote switch so i can get instant feedback.

Anethesia- best bass solo in history

anyone agree?
  7. fart gas

fart gas Not Registered

I didn't hear a better one yet.
  8. He used a jimi hendrix fuzz wah with q- control. The one for guitar
  9. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada

I agree that Cliff did use the MORLEY WAH BOOST, but they don't make these any more, so the closest thing the y make now(if you can't find a WAH BOOST) is the MORLEY PRO SERIES II wah/volume/distortion, you can find one a

Cliff is also my biggest influence/idol, Anesthesia may be 1 of the best bass solos of all time, I'm trying to get a very rare Jason Newsted solo which is just as good as Anesthesia...

P.S.- almost forgot, that pedal runs for about $195
  10. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    was the origional a wah/distortion as well?
  11. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    listen, dont get a morley pro series II dist/vol/wah. they suck ass!!! You can sometimes find the morley power wah boost(what cliff used for sure) on ebay. I've also heard you can get an old chrome morley power fuzz and sounds good too. I have a morley power wah boost, i was disappointed at first cause it didnt get good sounds out of it. You have to strike the strings with the back of your fingernail in a downward motion to get the best sound from it. You can also get awesome screeching metal shreeks from it if you hook up a distortion pedal to it but its a bit noisy. anyways, yes definately get the morley power wah boost. if you decide you dont like it keep it anyways, its a collectors item.
  12. sandman_96

Jul 16, 2001
    USA, Oklahoma
    I have read before that Cliff used a Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Distortion/Sustainer and the Morley power wah boost. I recently bought a big muff and have been looking for the power wah but cant find one anywhere. Anybody know where the best place is to look?
  13. This guy passed away 17 years ago.
  14. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    the best place to find the morley pwb is on ebay. I was pretty sure cliff used just the morley and just overdrived his amps to get that dist. sound.
  15. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    But still for some reason you read the thread! :eek: :D
  16. Well 15 years ago, but whatever.
    Yeah I have the Big Muff (my friend says his mom has one too and she doesn't even play bass, he's messed) and in the parts w/o the wah it sounds a lot like Cliff.
  17. Man, who gives a funk when he "died". He's a legend in my mind, and legends never die.

METALLICA kicks monster @$$!