Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Clip of Jason Newsted's last gig with Metallica

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 5, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I've seen that one, it's a good performance. Too bad they treated him so poorly, he was a great bassist with Metallica.

Graeme

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Neat. Like them or not, but they really sound great in this video clip. I've always been kind of a fan of Lars' drumming in slow songs, by the way. Ooops, now I've done it. I expect about 20 people to come rushing at me this instant, telling me how much he sucks and what a terrible drummer he is.

4. Yeah, it sounds good...Especially the heavy parts...The black sabbath part for instance. Nice guitarsound too. (But one of them is out of tune.)
    Never understood the fuzz about Lars. His drummings fits metallica nice.

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Well after 20 years of playing the same drum beat I'd hope he has it down by now... :bag:

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think it's really interesting how his last song was Fade to Black.

7. MAJOR METAL

Yeah Jason said that he knew that would be his last performance with Metallica and 2 months later he told them he was out.

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I thought he had told them that night, hmm... Oh well, he's doing well with Voivod now. Anyone here have their self-titled release?

Graeme

9. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Hmm, I've heard a lot about Woods of Ypres, I may need to check 'em out. I hadn't heard of this show however, but I may end up going. I like the Opera House, I've played there a few times. I'm already excited for a couple of concerts I plan on going to this year! (In Flames and Iron Maiden!)

Graeme

10. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    it just dawned on me while watching this that i liked metallica a lot more back before every verse ended with "Yeah!"

i heard the new Voivod this weekend. the singers style has changed a lot over the years but they have a great sound with Jason on bass.

11. MAJOR METAL

He told them in early January of 01 that he wanted out.