1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Clip, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Riffed, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Riffed

Riffed

Apr 4, 2018
    Cal
    Gilmourisgod and bholder like this.
  2. Riffed

Riffed

Apr 4, 2018
    Cal
    Opinions guys? negative? positive?

I have guitars recorded, but am re-recording them.
    How I compose is usually like this.... I start off with whichever instrument.. Go back and forth a couple times as I add each instrument till I feel like theyre working together & compliment eachother. So this is like the 2nd pass. 1st pass was just backup bass. ;)

I love critical opinions. To me positive opinions are great, but they arent teaching me anything!

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I like it.

Riffed likes this.
  4. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Nice clanky grind, I’m a Ric player, so I’m partial to that tone already! Your timing sounds great, all the rest is icing on the cake. What bass/strings? Gear Geeks must know!

Riffed likes this.
  5. NealBass

NealBass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario
    Tight. My only input is a personal preference thing. To me, it sounds like there's a bass distortion effect in the background of the bass mix. I think it might actually sound 'tougher' with a clean bass mix. But that's just me. Nicely played. Cool drums, too.

PS: This thread should probably go in the Recordings Forum, not the Basses Forum. ;)

Riffed, Gilmourisgod and sneha1965 like this.
  6. Riffed

Riffed

Apr 4, 2018
    Cal
    thanks! it's just stock Mex fender pj, with Ernie ball strings.
    ;)
    thanks man, I've gotta get used to the categories.
    Im using a tech 21 VT BASS di box with a little drive going on. I personally would like a little less drive too, but for some reason it seemed to work this time. When I get the guitars rerecorded, I'll post up a clip of that.

NealBass, bholder and Gilmourisgod like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021