1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cliping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oldno7, May 13, 2010.

1. oldno7

oldno7

Dec 29, 2009
    I own a G.K. 400rb, i run it through a 4x10 ampeg and a 1x15 i love the sound but notice the cliping light comes on sometimes can someone explain what that means..

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    You mean clipping right?

The light can come on and off a little without being too concerned, but if it stays on you got problems. It basically means you're driving the amp too hard and can damage it or your speakers. Back off the volume or adjust the EQ.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    It means you haven't read the manual? :D

4. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    GK amps clip light is an input clip light (preamp)...not a sign that you are clipping the output of the amp. You need to reduce the input slightly. You can do that by engaging the pad button, or turning down the output of the bass. The manual states to set the amps master knob at noon to 3, and use the volume knob to get the overall volume you want. Boost to taste.

http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/400RB-IV.pdf