1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Clips of me playing

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Hey, these are clips of my playing...

one is the call of ktulu solo by cliff burton(note: this can get a little noisy... i created a a wah/distortion patch that is pretty similar to his sound, I'm not really a big fan of him, but my friend wanted me to show it to him)

the second one is me improvising to stanley clarke's school days, everything but the chords are my own (note : I have never heard school days except for the chords, I also forgot to turn down the tone knob to its kinda trebley, lol).

p.s. I just turned 14 and I have been playing bass for 2 years. I am using a yamaha bass with dimarizio will power pickups and a digitech bp200.

Enjoy :smug:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=528602

I really need to work on my timing :meh:

people can also listen to this to know how the Will Power Middle Pickup sounds, although on the school days file, i forgot to turned donw the tone and used a preset that had a lot of bass,treble but no mids, so its trbley.

2. School days? for a bit i thought it was Run to the hills ;).

Cool...yeah, timing isnt that bad, more a problem with tone and setup I would figure. Call of Ktulu is a great song, good on ye.

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    metallica!! woo!

the drums are a bit loud on the first one

4. Haha xolin, yeah, the last part is similar Run to The Hills, but edited it a bit teehee :p. Thanks for the comments.About the tone, I think having long fingernails is a big part of it, when playing fingerstyle or strumming, it sounds really trebley, I need to cut them.

Yeah I know, the drums were loud, i think its my sound card, I have to turn down the bass cause it gets distorted, and it still does if you pay attention.

Anymore comments?

5. Big nebula

Big nebula

Feb 15, 2006
    Scotland
    SCHOOLDAYS.
    Man,if your gonna copy something from the greats then you better do it good,and that was not good.
    :meh:

6. So much for being nice...

7. Dude why not help get better instead of talking that way? If you're gonna talk that way dont post in this thread.

Oh and dude, cant you read? I said I never heard School Days except for the chords.

8. Big nebula

Big nebula

Feb 15, 2006
    Scotland
    I was being honest,sorry if you took offence but I'm speaking the truth and would not tell you lies man.Looking at your original post you are yourself,your greatest critic.Like I said,no offence meant.

9. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I was just looking around and caught this thread.

Big nebula, shame on your for scolding someone for playing a song. Terrible manners and to my knowledge not welcome on Talkbass.

10. doormatt

doormatt

Apr 8, 2005
    i liked school days alot, although its not really on topic, Your slap lines were groovy and unique. I was never a fan of cliff burton, but that solo sounds pretty cool. maybe cut the gain to get rid of a bit of noise, but your playing sounded pretty good. great work so far!

11. Big nebula

Big nebula

Feb 15, 2006
    Scotland

I was not scolding anyone for playing a song...I gave my opinion of the song.Is that a crime? Is that not the purpose of contributing material...in order that it receives an honest critic? My manners are not in question sir.I relayed my views in a respectable manner...where is your opinion of Bassist for life's contribution?
    Best wishes.
    Big Neb.