1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

clips to HEAR the PUPs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mward69, Jun 29, 2007.

1. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    Sorry for re-posting this, but I am searching this thread and coming up empty. There was a post on here that had a link to hear sound clips with different pups. Does anyone have the link to this?
    I know you really can't get an accurate sound because it's not YOUR gear, but I still want an "idea" of what tones I can expect. I'm picky as h*ll about my tone and still can't decide what to install on the Marcus bass, right now I am really looking hard at nordstrand.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

not into clips so not a good source but apparently the only one for the time being so: there's Basstasters, David has clips in his FAQ thread; somewhere a dude had Dimarzio/Sadowsky comparisons, there's probably a bunch scattered in Smash's FAQ thread. There's been lots of them. How you find don't know cause I've never looked. I'd probably start by going to the Nord site or punching Nordstrand into a search - if that were a primary interest.

3. mward69

mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    yeah I found the sites. I know it's hard to see what MY bass will sound like due to gear strings etc. but I can get an idea. I'm the type of person that would hate that I spent a few hundred bucks and NOT be happy with the tones.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I've had some hundred set of pups and in my experience it's a probability shot with no gaurantees. You just try and do you're homework to increase the probability of getting something useful. It's a lot easier to rule out what you don't want from the footwork and, once you actually get the real thing, it doesn't take long to figure if it won't cut it. The keepers are a tougher to determine before and after.

See FAQ Bass Mod link in the first paragraph of Dimento's Trouble Shooting guide for the approach I used.

5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
  6. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021