Clockwork Orange/Walter Carlos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dudemeister, Nov 12, 2002.

1. I watched the movie Clockwork Orange yesterday and thought the music was really good. The music is some kind of creepy, beautiful, 70's, synth, classical music. I found the theme song on Kazaa and have listened to it about ten times.

The music was composed by Walter Carlos. Does anybody know if he has released any other records with the same style of music or if the Clockwork Orange Soundtrack contains any other music by him.

Oops... I almost forgot to mention that the movie is GREAT!!!
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i have the soundtrack cd, it's excellent. walter carlos went through gender reassignment surgery (sex change opperation) and is now known as wendy carlos. she has done some excellent early synthesizer recordings, such as "switched on bach". she also did the soundtrack to tron.

here's her web page...

btw, the gender issue is a non-issue. let's keep it that way in this thread, ok?
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Wendy Carlos also scored "The Shining," including the great synth version of Dies Irae that opens the movie.
  4. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Most of Stanley Kubricks movies have amazing scores to them.

A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut and 2001: A Space Oddessy have my favorite movie scores.