1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clog alignment

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by a7xstallionduck, Nov 6, 2013.

1. So my clogs on my D string are out of alignment on my Squier s/n ics so I can't tune it. Is it possible I can do it myself or do I have to get a professional to do it? If so how do I fix it?

2. What the flip are *clogs*?

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    It's what the Dutch wear on their feet!

bospantoffels_wooden_shoes_clogs.

:bag:

4. You guys just don't understand technical issues. Clogs are those things that forticulate with the glears.

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

It think she means the fitzelbenders.

Dear friend. Please explain further. We have no clue what you are talking about because you are DEFINITELY using the wrong term.

A picture may help.

6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Sounds like sabotage.

7. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Low beta-carotene is the most likely culprit. Try using carrots to resolve the issue.

8. eat more fiber, fixes my clogs all the time

9. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Rub some Drano on it.

10. morgansterne

morgansterne Geek U.S.A.

Oct 25, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio

11. A7x, we THINK you probably mean "cogs," but we're not sure (actually, most don't seem to really care, but I think you mean "cogs"). ;)

Could you post a pic of the problem? That would clear up a lot and avoid vocabulary issues.

If that is what you mean, still a picture will help. Possible problems are the the screw holding the gear on the post is loose, or something is bent, or it is just a horribly bad tuner. If it's just a loose screw, the key thing is whether or not any permanent damage has been done to the gears. If so, then you'll definitely need to replace that tuner, but it's a super easy job - not something you need a "pro" for.

P.S. Damn guys, first post from a 15 year-old girl and you pounce like vultures. Let her get a couple dozen posts in before you . . . uhm . . . okay, I was going to say "bust her balls," but obviously that would be a poor choice of words. As the father of 2 girls, one teen and one in her 20's, could I ask that you let her skin thicken up just a little before you hit full blast?

12. Ok guys I'm an idiot. Everything is fine but I enjoyed your comments. They made me laugh so hard. I will admit I am a blonde but a smart one in school only.

13. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes, post some pics and we can help you fix it or at least steer you in the right direction.

To the other posters: Show some respect. Looks like we've got another young blonde gal who'll be able to run circles around us on the bass.

Riis

14. I'm smarter than you guys think. I've just been playing bass for about 4 months and I live in the middle of nowhere so bass teachers don't exist. So I'm self taught.

15. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I'm still having a hard time picturing how a tuning clog...I mean cog can be out of alignment, making tuning impossible.

:confused:

16. Welcome! Try not to let the jaded grumpy folks get to you.

17. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I think maybe the spur gear was loose.

18. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah, as been said-
    A photo attached would help lots...