Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Close Call!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thrasher717, Jan 28, 2004.

1. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    My band practices in a building owned by one of my bandmates. It's basically his workshop -- he rebuilt an airplane in it -- so it's big enough to set up our entire PA and lights just as we would on stage. And it's 1/2 mile out of town so we can play as loud as we want. It also has a refrigerator and toilet:) In short, it's the perfect practice venue.

Anyway, he just happened to stop by the shop yesterday to shovel snow (we got 12" on Sunday) and when he opened the door he was greeted by 2" of water! A water main had burst and was spewing water all over. Fortunately the building isn't perfectly level so the water hadn't yet reached any of our gear (although it was within inches of my bass rig). If he hadn't stopped by when he did, there would have been two feet of water throughout.

I'd better check my insurance policy.

2. Eeeshh... better be careful from now on. Sounds like a sweet place though!

3. Holy Crapoly!! thats when you start to invest in waterproof cabs and amps, they dont exist, but there might be a market!!