Close encounters of the redneck kind.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well, Tuesday is my last day at Walmart *YAY!!* So I'm thinking I'm going to leave peacefully, they won't realize how much they will miss me until I'm gone. But Saturday, I thought I was going to get out of work a little before Tuesday.

Occasional we (the cartpushers) combine carts to form a long train, one guy pushes, one steers. A new cartpusher and myself are setting one up, we are almost done and some guy wants to pull into the parking spot that we are "blocking". So the new guy, still thinking politeness is how you deal with Walmart customers :rolleyes: ha, says "Maybe we should let him go", I kinda shrugged and grabbed the last 4 carts. Then I hear, "HEY! You're a ****ing ***hole!" I slowly turn, look at this guy and say, "Oh really?" And he says, "I heard what you said."

Wait... hold up. Maybe a description of this guy is in order. He was driving a blue pickup truck, a "southern" guy :rolleyes: (southern north pennslyvania?), bald, and huge. This man could have destroyed me in a second. I might have got a few punches in, but I'd more or less be demolished.

Back to the story. "I heard what you said." Need I remind you I said nothing. I was in a sleep deprived haze, so I figured I might have said something. So I asked him, "What did I say?" His clever reply, "You know what you said." Now it's not like this guy is going to be modest and not be able to swear. If I know what I said... does he? "What's your name?" "Matt" "Matt who?" "Matt Till."

I continue, "You can go inside now and go tell management, go ahead, try and get me fired." He storms to the doors, "Oh I will."

I pause, watch him and say, "Oh yeah... just one more thing." I look at the new guy and his eyes get huge, he just knew I was going to say something bad and get destroyed.

"It's T-I-L-L... thanks... have a nice day!" :)

Management hasn't said a damn thing to me about it. :cool:
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Score one for tilly boy....I guess.

hahaha, hey, good to hear you are out of a job, you didn't seem to like that wal-mart gig much, hope you find something more enjoyable in the future.

you should have taken some carts and put them in the bed of that guys truck :meh:
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  4. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    I love the avatar. Nothing beats the old days of the WWF when all the wrestler had day jobs. A wrestling tax man. I love it!
  5. ...i have them all the time, i live in south carolina :meh:
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ah but we often forget that Northern Pennslyvania is (apparently) below the mason dixion line. Rebel flags, ahoy! :rolleyes:
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My last name is weird... in sweeden (yeah, my viking ancestors) there was a war, and my great great (repeat as often as possible) grandpa was in the military. Since he has the most common last name in the history of sweeden (whatever it once was) he decided, "Oh sure I'll change my last name, TO TILL!" :rolleyes:

Sorry Gramps, but I would have chose something better. Like Ninja, Killmiester, or bassbones.
  8. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    boys i live in texas red necks as far as the eye can see, so dont feel bad.

any one who drives a coupe or a sedan in "these parts" is like the freach to the ones down here.

of cours none of any of this applice to the red necks on TB:rolleyes:

9. Matt Ninja

i think thats what ill name my first child (assuming i have any)
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

It's nice, it just rolls off the tounge... and with a name like that, he'll have no choice but to be a rockstar when he grows up.
  11. that's a pretty funny story............believe it or not far east on Long Island......there are hicks :bawl: :bawl:
  12. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Ha ha... you're a cart pusher. It's not the best job in the world, I know how it is. I thank God I work on the floor at my Sam's Club. Very hectic and demanding, but it's a lot more enjoyable than non-stop bringing carts inside. Even if I'm the only one who works my deparment - I'm the sole day time grocery associate. A big pain in the ass, but I love my job.

Our cart guys are lazy bastards, however! The find any and every opportunity to run off into the parking lot (or in random places in the club) without a radio so they dont have to help members load. It's annoying to listen to the exit guy bitch about no response from carts, and it pisses me off that they're not giving our customers the service they deserve. Our customers buy A LOT and they buy large expensive items... they deserve help loading it up if they need it.

I dont think our managers get on their asses enough. A lot of them shouldn't be getting paid for the work they (dont) do. Fortunately we're getting some new ones, so maybe they can be trained a bit better.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread there. Continue on, ladies and gentlemen :p
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey man, I know how it is. I was one of those people who actually did their job... at Walmart, that is punished! The slackers got whatever they wanted, leaving the workers to... work. But guess what? I don't need to worry about it. Guess who is a Walmart employee? Not me.
  14. As a swede my guess is that before his namechange your (great, great, etc. etc) grandpas last name was either "Svensson" or "Eriksson", but since it was that long ago I might be wrong...
  15. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Haha, that's why I prefer living in Canada!:D
  16. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    we encounter those all the time in san antonio
  17. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Uh, 'Till' in Swedish (unless it used to mean something else) means 'to' so basically what your great great etc. grandpa said was: I'll change my name to To. weird. :confused: