close out?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoognishMang, May 14, 2002.

1. I think it just means that THEY are not going to carry that particular model any more. If you're interested in it, I would not hesitate if I were you; over the years I did that a few times and lost out on some good deals, and not just on basses. ;)

Mike J.
  2. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    33% off list isn't exactly a GREAT closeout price.
  3. My take on it is that they're probably lowering prices to try and make room for new models or something. If this is the case, then chances are, they'll lower the prices more and more in the coming weeks until they have no more of it.
  4. Right, and I suspect that particular bass is not exactly flying off the store shelves.
  5. i'd do it if i can get rid of all the other basses i have. MIM jazz, squire musicmaster, schecter T-4 model.
    I saw the Red Elvises play one here in Austin (if you go to my home page, you can see them under friend's and stuff). I have always loved the tone. It just seems a well balanced/made instrument.
    If anyone has any reviews, please share.
  6. I was bidding on one of those weird Yamahas on eBay about six months ago. My max was $125 and it closed at just over $200, if I recall. I was kinda glad I didn't win; I'm into strange basses, but that one is a little too strange for me.
  7. If you do end up going for it and selling off that MIM Jazz, let me know. I'll be in the market for one in about 2 weeks.
  8. it's for sale now...
    email me when your ready.