Close this Thread - Mark Hoppus Related.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gazman_res, Sep 7, 2004.

1. I just scored tix to Blink 182 tomorow..
    i havent really listen to theyre stuff since the late 90's

My friend is a huge fan, and i was listenin to theyre new stuff in the car on the way home yesterday.

Okay.. im done. let the flaming commence!
  2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    How un-Australian :rollno:

4. Lol.

I just figured this forums seems to be a breeding ground for the Anti-Hoppus types. :spit:

Adding fuel to the fire i guess :D :D :D
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Have a good time at the show.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Enjoy the music you like, screw the haters and what they think!
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    wait a sec...they played here on the 31st of august and they are only playing in sydney today? whats with that? thats a long time to drive that far isnt it?

eh, ah well. Enjoy the gig man! the melbourne one is getting some kickass reviews!
  8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i wanna go i wanna go. I have liked blink since flyswatter came out so im partial to them even though i listen to a little harder stuff than them nowadays ;) . I wanted to go but im about the biggest sparta fan youll meet and theyre playin at the metro on saturday so i got tickets to that show instead. Ive already seen blink on this tour and they dont change around their set list much so i figured id skip it.
  9. Adam's song by Blink 182 moves me, I turn into an emotional sissy.
  10. Umm i think the guitarist broke his leg on tour early here this year. Some shows were cancelled and theyve come back to honour the ticket buyers.

I think thats pretty damn cool in my book!
  11. + 64654611013156499934613216546434^45454545464897987654678979459746

12. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    im pretty sure it was travis that broke his leg not tom. When i saw them in indy in juneish they had to get travis offstage with a wheelchair. Hes such a sick drummer than he was playing his kit backwards, like using his opposite foot for his bass drum than hes used to. How many bassists can play left handed and right handed raise your hand.
  13. Travis really isn't that amazing, Joey Jordison is teh pwn on drums!
  14. Dan

Jul 26, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    True but Travis is still a pretty good drummer.
  15. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Give Travis a 4/4 play every beat song, and yeah, he's ok.

Danny Carry and Thomas Haake are far better though.
  16. I'll bet Travis is reading this right now and is so bummed. :crying: All that hard work he's put into practicing and two anonymous guys on a bass player's forum aren't impressed.

Tell you what, rather than trying to bring Mr. Barker down a notch (which you surely will by letting him know by posting here), you might want to try comparing Mr. Barker to someone in his genre of music. Slipknot, Tool and Meshuggah are hardly "pop punk." If you don't like Blink 182 or "pop punk" why bother posting?
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good post.

Enjoy the show!
  18. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    You take things personal! He is great for his genre, but he's not the end all of drummers, as some in this forum would think. Mentioning other drummers is not to "take him down a notch". It's letting people know the names of other great drummers.

Just calm down, what are you, the leader of the fan club?

Take deep breaths,,,in,,,,and out,,,,,in,,,,,and out.....
  19. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    In my opinion, Travis Barker is definitely a great drummer for the band/genre that he is playing in. I also think that he's laying back on what he can really do on his drum set for Blink-182. Remember that Travis Barker was a jazz drummer back in the day. His playing style for Blink-182 fits their style of music, which is what really counts. Blink-182 isn't one of those bands that show 'chops' as well. They're more in to just playing songs and having fun on the stage for the people that paid their own money to see. I'm sure he has more than he shows in Blink-182.

Just my 2 cents

20. :rollno: it's started already. All I got to say is, enjoy the show, no doubt it will be good. I would play bass in BINK182 any day!!!!

( From someone who is into gary willis, matthew garrison, ect ect)

Man, he's earning way more than I'm earning, and getting more "perks" as well! ;)