Close to a 3Leaf?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_snake, Oct 16, 2011.

1. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Hi y'all,

Just wondering if there are any envelope filter/ autowah that is close to this product. A less expensive one perhaps?

thanks,

Richie

2. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Pretty much all the 3leaf envelope filters are modified clones of other famous filters. Proton is to Mutron III as Groove Regulator is to Meatball.

The cheapest you'll be able to get any of those pedals are used in the classifieds; however they are newer, small production pedals, so there won't be many to buy used to begin with.

If it makes you feel any better a new GR2 for $220 is alot cheaper than a used Meatball for $800ish.

3. bass_snake

bass_snake Inactive

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Great! Thank you Nightly so much for your input. I didn't know that 3Leaf are modified clones.

They are the best ones I've heard so far.

4. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter setting 1.

5. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    Saw a v1 groove regulator on thegearpage for $130 a little while back

6. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, used v1 GRs can be found for (relatively) cheap if you can find them.

7. G.Bisson

G.Bisson Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Maxon/Ibanez AF-9 is very similar to a Proton. Proton is superior to those two, more modernized, and handles lows better. The AF-9 has a low end roll-off which makes it a bit more bubbly.

A used Maxon AF-9 usually sells for about the same as a used Proton. There are a few of both currently in TGP classifieds. I've seen a few used Maxon AF-9's sell for cheap, just above the $100 mark. And an Ibanez AF-9 would be even cheaper.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021