1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Closed - please read the rules before reposting

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matticus616, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Dep

Jim Dep

Dec 30, 2009
    Huh?

2. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Inactive

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    Well they are not going to knock you back are they !

One at a time or both at once ?

3. I mean will the combo underpower the cab or is there any complications that would cause damage.

4. agomes

agomes

Apr 25, 2010
    Chico Ca
    Your gunna shoot your eye out

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    First, does the combo have an Ext Spkr OUT?, and if so, what is the impedance rating? Then, if the 410 has an appropriate impedance, a speaker cable will connect the 2. Underpowering is nonsense, it doesn't exist. All you need to consider is the items I just mentioned.

6. Yeah the combo has a speaker out, 4 ohms of impedance. The cab is 8 ohms, 300 watts.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

They are your property, screw them both if you wish! ;)

8. minimum load is 4 ohms, my bad.

9. I see complications in the anglo-american differences in words such as screw :rolleyes:

10. Jim Dep

Jim Dep

Dec 30, 2009
    That reminds me of a time when I attempted to take a picture of a couple band followers.

I asked them to hold still so I get get a good picture. One of them asked "Are you trying to focus?"

I said "no, I just wanted to take your picture."

11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

More properly, what the good RickenBoogie says. Often a combo has a speaker installed that runs it at its minimum impedance, in this case 4Ω. If it has no external speaker jack this is the case. You cannot run both cabs together. Some that have external speaker jacks place the external speaker in series with the internal one. These are safe to run with any external speaker cabinet but you will get less power out. Still others switch out the internal speaker in favour of the external cabinet. This case you can use any cabs down to the minimum 4Ω. The last type place the external speaker in parallel with the internal one. In this case the back panel should clearly state what impedance is permitted.

12. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Inactive

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    Well the cab can handle 300w and is 8 ohm while and the amp puts out 180W down to 4 ohms. Because the amp is rated down to 4 ohms and the cab is 8 ohms you'll only be getting around 90w out of the amp. I would not run both cabinets at once, there's not enough info in the manual to tell but I'm guessing the 12 in the combo is a 4ohm as there does not appear to be a connection for an external cabinet.

So Yeah, you would be safe running the amp into the Hartke alone.

As with all small amps just don't ask too much of it and drive it into clipping.

13. When you say appropriate impedance, you mean matching(4) if only the head combo head is connected, and double (8) if both the combo cab and 410 are connected?

14. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Having spent the first 27 years of my life in the UK, I don't think so. However I did get into trouble with "I'll knock you up in the morning" and "I need a rubber" (It's eraser over here!).

15. Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for :)

16. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I'm closing this as the thread title was inappropriate.

If you'd like to post a thread that stays open, please read the rules you signed up to when you joined the forum. Thanks.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.