Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Closest Mars Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Does anyone know of the closest Mars music to Thousand Oaks, CA or basically any in Southern California? I have just recently heard about them and their unfortunate going out of business, and I wanted to see if I could score anything good before they closed.

2. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    damn, the closest one is in Orange....I don't want to go all the way out there.
    I live in Westlake, thats none to far from TO(used to live there too) I wish I could check out a mars...before they fade away.

too bad the friggin LA bass exchange died, I was hoping that the purchase of my fodera was going to be the start of a long and fruitful relationship(they had the best gear, and Long is really nice)

4. NO WAY!?!?!? I LIVE IN WESTLAKE TOO!!! I just said that I was from TO since that is a larger city. I always wondered if any other TB'ers lived near me. Where in Westlake do you live? I live right near the lake... by St. Judes Church.

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Mars in Plano, Texas yesterday had a sign up saying 3 days left. There was nothing there but an SWR SM500 for like $475. But 3 or 4 pots were snapped off, and I heard that most manufacturers were not honoring any Mars warranty.

For this one at least, Mars is dead. Long live the King.

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I don't know of any Mars in the southern Cal area...and all the Mars here in Colorado went out of buisness long ago...thank heavens..why would you want to go there anyway? When they had their "going of buisness sale" the prices barely hit acceptable IMO !

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I live off of Westlake BLVD. down a street called W. Cresthaven Drive....its about 8 minutes from the lake. BUT, I goto School in Ojai, so I'm there most of the time.

8. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm,, I thought all the SoCal Mars stores closed down about 10 months ago,, my friend picked up a Sonor drumset for $900 at the Santa Ana store. They also had a Modulus Flea for like $800!!

9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe

Jul 3, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I was at a Mars the other day, and guitars were literally falling off the walls for no apparent reason. Very strange.

10. Yeah, you're right about that. I remember going up there (The Block) in the spring and it was gone.