1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Closest view of a tick youll probably ever see

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by fishman10, Jun 6, 2012.

1. fishman10

fishman10

Apr 13, 2012
  2. gerry grable

gerry grable

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow! Some camera. There doin' wonders with Brownies these days :D And I can't even figure out how send pics of my bass on TB :)

3. i hate ticks... used to get so many that i'd bite them in half, and spit them out the car window when i had to.
    15 yrs w/lymes from a goddamnmutha****intitisuckin tick. could you not have picked a subject a little more fuzzier than a tic.......for a show and tell.

4. gerry grable

gerry grable

Nov 9, 2010
    Ha, ha,ha. . . .No wonder you got Lymes! We have a lot of it here in PA. It ain't no joke. At least in MD you won't get Rocky Mountain Fever.
    Maybe a fuzzy pussy willow bud?

5. troutmask

troutmask

Nov 22, 2011
    Houston, TX
    good golly gee, looks like a potato with arms and legs. kind of resembles a fingerprint as well, with the grooves on it's back/skin. I thank you and the brown recluse poster in advance for my new found phobia concerning small insects

6. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music (retired)
    They have always freaked me out, and that's even before my Doc determined a long time malady was Lymes Disease. It took a 30 day course of antibiotics to take it down a notch. I'm sure it's arthritis, too, but things have never been the same since that experience.

Great camera, tho. How about some non-predatory insects?

7. Actually, it's "Lyme Disease" (no "s"), named after the town of Lyme, Connecticut. My brother-in-law had extreme fatigue from it for 12 years before finally being diagnosed—and he's a VP with a world-wide corporation that sent him to clinics all over the country trying to figure out what was causing his problem. The info sheets say that leaving it untreated that long can have some pretty dire permanent effects, too.

PS: Great photo of the little bugger!