1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clothing Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TheGrizz, Mar 27, 2009.

1. TheGrizz

TheGrizz

Nov 19, 2007
    Athol, MA
    Sponsored Artist: Free Idea Clothing
    I was wondering if anyone else here was sponsored by a clothing company. I'm just curious since so many groups seem to have these deals nowadays.

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm sponsored by Grandma Inc.

She makes awesome sweaters.

3. TheGrizz

TheGrizz

Nov 19, 2007
    Athol, MA
    LOL Right on man. Gotta love homemade sweaters! I wish I still had some of the stuff my gramma made. I shutter just thinking about wearing that stuff.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    LOL
    Anyway, I WISH i had a clothing sponsorship.

I should look into it...

5. I'd like to be sponsored by Casual Male Big and Tall because I'm fat.

6. TheGrizz

TheGrizz

Nov 19, 2007
    Athol, MA
    You should. They're actually fairly easy to get. Just send out a press kit. It really helps if the company is local.

I'm sponsored by Free Idea clothing. They're a local streetwear company that started around the same time we did. We invited him to one of our shows, and we started working together. Then he approached us with a sponsorship deal. I basically get the pick of every line that he comes out with, plus slots on shows that he puts on.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Contact small companies, especially local ones with a press kit.

I used to have an unofficial deal with a local clothing company. Free tshirts if I wore them on stage. Worked for me, I got free clothes, they got free advertising. A lot of small companies are looking or willing to do this and link your website if you link theirs.

8. I used to get free stuff from a friends clothing company, but they disbanded. It wasn't a sponsorship, but it was sweet. My three favorite t-shirts are all shirts that I got from them.

lowsound

9. Much to Carlos' dismay, Mark is also sponsored by Snuggie...

mark_snuggie.

10. And he represents that company rather well, don't you think?:D

11. *bows* This photoshop job almost makes me want to stop making lemmiewink jokes, almost.

lowsound

12. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    That may be the best photoshop job I've ever seen.

Anyway, I like looking at member's clothing sponsorships. Its always cool to check out indie companies to see what they're doing. I think if I ever get a gigging project going (working on it), I'll look into getting one.

Of course, if it were up to me, I'd just have a sponsorship with Converse Chuck Taylors and whichever clothing brand wants to make matching V-necks.