1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD CLOVER/SANDBERG Germany Paragon Custom J 4 - Flame Top, Delano Pups, RARE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Apr 9, 2015.

1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a very rare bass...only a few hundred were ever made. The Paragon is a product of a short lived collaboration between Clover Basses and Sandberg in Germany (hence the C/S logo on the headstock); new retail back in 2003 was over $2300. Mahogany back, flame maple top, maple neck, rosewood board, dual Delano single coil passive Jazz pickups and Clover 3-band preamp (push/pull active/passive Volume). 34" scale, neck plays like a Stingray w/a flatter radius fingerboard. Newer stainless strings on it.

Bass is in very good/excellent condition with just light scratches from normal use. The only non-original parts on the bass are the tuning keys; when I got the bass, it had three different brands of tuning keys on it! The tuning keys that are on it now are from a Yamaha bass neck I had lying around. There is some clearcoat chipping around E-String tuning key washer and two extra tuning key holes on the back of the headstock (see pictures). The neck/frets are near perfect, the electronics work perfectly and the bass sounds killer. Comes with a super thick Roadrunner deluxe gig bag.

Selling for $950 shipped. International shipping is no problem, PM me for a quote.

• BODY: Mahogany Back with Flame Maple Top
    • NECK:Bolt-on, hard quartersawn maple
    • SCALE LENGTH:34 inches
    • FINGERBOARD:Rosewood
    • NUMBER OF FRETS:24 (with Zero Fret)
    • INLAY:Mother of Pearl dots
    • NUT: 1 5/8" (1.625")
    • HARDWARE COLOR: Chrome
    • BRIDGE: ETS Tuning Fork bridge system with adjustable spacing
    • MACHINE HEADS: Diecast Sealed Chrome
    • PICKUPS:Delano Single Coil Passive Jazz (2)
    • ELECTRONICS:Active Clover 3-Band Preamp
    • CONTROLS:Master Volume (push/pull pot for active/passive), Pickup Blend, Treble, Mid, Bass
    • CONTROL KNOBS: Chrome
    • FINISH: Transparent Red
    • WEIGHT: 9.1 lbs
    • ORIGIN: Germany

CSParagon (1).JPG CSParagon (2).JPG CSParagon (3).JPG CSParagon (4).JPG CSParagon (5).JPG CSParagon (6).JPG

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    blindrabbit likes this.
  2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Why do these beauties show up an I'm broke!! Free bump anyway! Someone is gonna get a steal here!!

3. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    This seems like a a ridiculously low price for such a bass.. wow.

blindrabbit likes this.
  4. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Vista, CA
    That bass might want me to try 4 string again. Nice. Kicking myself for not taking this other Clover in a trade. GLWTS.

5. hdfxstc

hdfxstc Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Bump for a Great bass. I have this exact same bass and also have a matched pair 4 and 5 string C/S with dual Delano music man style pickups.

6. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Yass!

7. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Is it a green one by chance? I owned a green one with the Dual MM style pickups years ago before I sold it here on Talkbass.

Thanks for the comments guys...this is an absolutely amazing bass and I've priced it to sell. German boutique craftsmanship, high end components and fantastic tone.

8. hdfxstc

hdfxstc Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    The pair of 4 & 5 strings that I have are Ash bodies with beautiful translucent blue color with maple necks and rosewood fretboards. These two basses are beautiful and exceptional quality, I can't say enough about these C/S basses.

9. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice.

10. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Would love to see pics of the pair!