Club Bassmods

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kerrycares, Apr 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Michigan
    F2528611-63C4-4B2B-95EB-8DE9DCB88551.jpeg 7DB3F3C8-4AA4-4530-82E7-5F00081F4A9E.jpeg
    I haven't seen one of these clubs and these are some of the highest quality basses with this many availability options.
    K634
    Cali 5
    #1 Kerrycares
    #2 Zamega

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    eastcoasteddie likes this.
  2. Zamega

Zamega Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Put me up bro! I got one too!

Attached Files:

3. Ian Stewart

Ian Stewart Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2017
    New York City
    Count me in too! A clip from a year ago in DC with my Fred Hammond signature.

lowdownthump and jmbass_1 like this.
  4. jmbass_1

jmbass_1

Feb 28, 2017
    Do you have the red or blue box?

5. Ian Stewart

Aug 3, 2017
    New York City
    Blue box. Sounds great. The only thing I wish it had was a passive tone control because it's very bright with the EQ set flat. The treble control works fine for taming it, but I'm just used to having a tone control. It also came with D'Addario Pro Steels which I never used before but have stuck with on this bass.

jmbass_1 likes this.
  6. jmbass_1

jmbass_1

Feb 28, 2017
    Rob has a custom option for this preamp. I bought the red box with option 2, which has a tone control added. It was +$300, but worth it, because you could roll it on in active mode to tame the highs.

7. Ian Stewart

Aug 3, 2017
    New York City
    Yeah, I realized that after I bought the bass. No big deal. I'm happy enough with the bass not to want to mess with it in any way. What do you think of the red box? I've never tried it.

8. jmbass_1

jmbass_1

Feb 28, 2017
    He's selling them prewired on a jazz plate, so you could easily switch it out, if a tone control is something you really want. The red box is supposed to the modern sounding of the 2. The bass frequency is set at 70hz, to keep a tight and punchy sound, even when boosted all the way. The blue has a gradual build up to 70hz. The treble is at 5k instead of 4k on the blue. I paired it with Deep tone Barts and it sounds really good.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022