1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    With no back wall either.

rodl2005 likes this.
  2. What model is that Proline stand?

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes.

Munjibunga likes this.
  4. Jim Bergantino

Jim Bergantino Commercial User

Feb 27, 2003
    Bergantino Audio Systems
    Are you a lawyer by chance?;-)

5. AmazingMumford

AmazingMumford Supporting Member

May 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    No, he's a lawyer by training. ;)

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Not to mention education.

tombowlus and Holdsg like this.
  7. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    thought I'd put this up here.
    Berg "CN312" (CN112 + CN212) driven by a Walkabout/Subway D800+ mix with a bit of a twist.
    Running the Mesa Walkabout's "post everything" DI into the Mesa Subway D800+ FX return. pretty straight forward.
    But then, instead of having both cabs run by the D800+ output, I let the WA run the CN112 for a pure WA sound, and the D800+ with the WA DI input drives the CN212. This results in about the best higher powered (965w) Walkabout that I have heard so far. Had it on a gig last weekend and was very happy with the results. One more piece of gear to haul, but the D800+ is a minor addition to the rig.
    As a reference point, a few months ago I tried to run the CN312 with the WA alone running at 2ohms, and I ended up tripping the WA thermal protection. So, that experience sent me looking for other approaches, and this one works great!

WA D800+ CN312 sm.

dmccombe7, lo-freq, Holdsg and 9 others like this.
  8. David A. Davis

David A. Davis Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Summerville, SC
    Mesa Bergie

9. MVE

MVE

Aug 8, 2010
    How do you like the extra 12?
    I’ve pondered getting a second CN212 or maybe a CN112 like yours to add to my rig. I really don’t need the volume, but I thought maybe it might be nice just to move a little more air.

10. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    generally I have been perfectly happy with the CN212 by itself. Recently I picked up a 60's/70's style power trio gig and decided I needed more volume. Adding the CN112 worked great for that and with the right amp set up, like the Walkabout/D800+ rig I described above, the 312's definitely move quite a bit more air than the CN212 by itself. I'm very happy to have grabbed the 12 cab to add to the 212.

gkbass13, Holdsg and MVE like this.
  11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Well-played, sirs! :D :thumbsup:

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    I just posted this pic in another thread and figured I hadn't shared this one in a while. Here is my IP153 with the EX115 extension cab. Come to think of it, I have not had this out on the gig for a while. I may have to make that happen again sometime soon...

IMG_5096.

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    One of these would fit real nice up there as well:

ARKHAM-THE ABYSS
    ...or a Zephyr...

14. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    dude..... I forgot about those. Are there more out there, or do you have the only ones? Cant imagine how slammin that setup sounds.

kevk and wellso74 like this.
  15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    I was able to spend some quality time with the Arkham tube bass preamp prototype several years ago and provided some feedback. Nice gear, for sure!

lo-freq likes this.
  16. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    I know Jim was talking about making one or two more, but I'm not sure if he did. That rig is pretty much the pinnacle of my colleciton, to be honest. Though in all fairness, I have a parallel hierachy of top tier "tube rigs."

MVE, Dan Robbins and J.Wolf like this.
  17. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Well, I finally got to try the HDN212 at practice (powered by a Darkglass MT900 with my Dingwall Dbird). Some of the things I wasn’t loving at home (a little harshness w the distortion running, etc) dissappeared in the band setting. Plenty of lows but cut right through. I had the amp very close to flat, so a huge difference from the GK cabs. I’ll try to remember a picture next week!!!

Fuzzbass, husky123 and tombowlus like this.
  18. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Plus, I just picked up 3 upcoming country gigs. Thinking the Mesa Walkabout and HDN112 will be perfect for it.

husky123 and tombowlus like this.
  19. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    With a Kern pre, outside, no band shell, it made both of my guitarist’s eyebrows raise and the drummer just stare. The guitar amps were a cranked Fuchs and a Hayseed. I actually turned down. Imagine being louder than everyone else. :) It was crystal clear at huge volume.
    At a regular jam in a 200 yr old barn with 100 ft. ceilings I’ve placed the cabs side by side. Sometimes you have to work with the acoustics to find the best location and configuration.

With a Monique it’s just stupid. :)

Dan Robbins, kevk and tombowlus like this.
  20. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I can imagine. I have new found respect for the power module in those IP's, and would think it drives the crap out of those boxes.

"Imagine being louder than everyone else. :) It was crystal clear at huge volume." I had the same experience last night with the Arkham, 1000P amp and 2x CN210.

I just love the Bergs more and more. And my CN112 just arrived :)

wellso74 likes this.