1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Endorsing Artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    It never ceases to amaze me that certain sounds/tones in a solo setting can turn out to be an asset in the band context. That little bit of “harshness” just might be what’s needed to give a little presence in a cluttered sonic environment.

5StringPocket likes this.
  2. Dan Robbins

Dan Robbins Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Central CA
    WANT :>
    So there’s more than one out there I’m hearing? I generally don’t do 15’s but with a Millenia pre, three way cab and IP module...that must be nuts...

tombowlus likes this.
  3. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Yeah, trying anything before it gets to the band room is almost an exercise in futility. Add to heavy guitars tuned to "C" and what sounds great at home or in a store is a complete mystery.

husky123 likes this.
  4. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I heard this first without then with the extension cab. It doesn’t sound like 15”s. Meaning for me late ‘60s Fender, Kustom, Sunn etc. It’s so articulate you just hear your notes. The biamping gives equal umph to lows and separately the mids and highs. It’s like the signal isn’t shared but separately presented. At that height it’s crazy. Side by side, (I know!), it’s super smooth.

If I was Bones I’d say, “dammit Jim!”
    Thanks, Jim!

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    So you have one, too, chadds? Man, it's been a while since we talked about this stuff. Sorry that I forgot. Still such a great rig!

LM Bass likes this.
  6. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    So Julie Monique is a staple of my bass rig for the last two years. About half my gigs are amp less and so I don’t need cabinets. The other half of my playing does require an amp on stage.

The IP112 is thus far the best solution I’ve found, really impressed. Ht112 will arrive tomorrow as my extension with a gig on Saturday. But I’m having some hesitation in getting rid of the NV115s as they sound really great too. That rig consists of two NV115s with Monique being powered by my acoustic Image Focus. It’s really a homerun too. I’ve tried all tube power SVTII and reissue v4b power sections, both Jules M700 and M2500. As well as a few different power amps and traditional bass heads.

Not sure where I will end up as the NV115 under the IP112 really sounds great too. But I am determined to get it down to one bass rig and otherwise clean house. Serious first world problems.

Will cross post this update in the Jule thread.

patzilla83 likes this.
  7. tree_trunker

tree_trunker

Mar 17, 2017
    Texas
    I recently purchased my first Bergantino cabinet - an HDN112. Here's a picture of it with my Dingwall D3 I purchased at the same time. I purchased the bass and cab from @bebass, and I can highly recommend him and ShoMeMusic! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to try so many top quality cabs before I made my purchase. Besides what I went home with, I tried Berg HDN210, Berg HDN210/112 combo, Berg Ref210/112 combo, Berg NV115, Berg NV212, Genzler BA 12-3 and some Phil Jones stuff. I actually went to play and compare cabs, hoping to purchase the cab I like best; and I ended up with the Dingwall of my dreams, too! I absolutely LOVE the Berg cab, though! Genzler has done an awesome thing with the array that I actually prefer to the horn in most other cabs including the Berg. HOWEVER, the most important sound from the cab (IMHO) is the woofer/cab combo! @Jim Bergantino has gotten that the BEST of any cab I've EVER played through! My favorite cab was the HDN112, and not JUST because it's light. I love the overall sound BEST of all the cabs. All his cabs are awesome, and I'd love owning one of each. My wife is incredible, but I think she might not go for that. :D I WILL be getting more Berg cabs and a B|Amp in the future! Thank you SO MUCH, gentlemen!!! Dingwall-Bergantino set.

Mpike, bebass, metron and 11 others like this.
  8. Sounds like a happy bunny there.
    I also have the Dingwall NG2 and use with my Berg HT322. Powerful and clear at same time. Enjoy and have fun.

tree_trunker likes this.
  9. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    Great rig, The TH matches well with any of the Berg cabs, I've used mine with a CN112, 210 and NV115. The CN112 is a great cab and puts out a tone of great tone for such a small cab. Congrats.

tree_trunker likes this.
  10. Lepparda

Lepparda

Sep 21, 2016
    I agree, the TH500 with my HD210/112 set up sounds great. The Bergs tame the wooliness of the Aggie.

11. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    There is absolutely No question the Nv115 on bottom of the IP112 is way tighter then the HT112.

9147FE7F-FB5D-466B-BB5A-C266D1A36BA1.

12. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    And a HT112 / Nv115 rig with an Acoustic Image Focus IIRIII is pretty great too

8811430A-F6DF-4352-A2CA-61A18FFE141A.

tombowlus, Fuzzbass and patzilla83 like this.
  13. patzilla83

patzilla83 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Pflugerville, TX
    The NV115 is my dream cab, and you’re making it very difficult to continue not buying one.

chadds likes this.
  14. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Yes sorry the Nv115 is great and a pair with a tube amp is pretty awesome but I think these little rigs with the 12 on top is pretty awesome. Really looking forward to tonight’s gig.

patzilla83 likes this.
  15. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    tree-trunker: Congrats on that purchase!! (And, hey...LOOK!! Your bass color matches the amp logo color!)

tree_trunker and Fuzzbass like this.
  16. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    One more test of the IP/NV rig outside to get a sense of the bass response in open air on concrete.

18A18F8D-9270-4A37-9EC5-E6522567BB11.
    Definity think this thing is going to killl on stage

17. PeterF

PeterF Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    North East Wisconsin
    That is a beautiful little rig. I bet it absolutely kills with the Dingwall.

tree_trunker, dmccombe7 and husky123 like this.
  18. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    help, I lost my logo !
    how odd, I just noticed that the Bergantino logo fell off my CN112.
    As mine is from a CN112 (older cab) its the black tag with Bergantino spelled out in green script.
    Has anyone else had this happen ?

Its no big deal really, but I'm kind of surprised it happened.

19. Anything can happen :bag:

I'd buzz Jim B ...
    Or you could always fill the cab full of LEDs :laugh:;);)

Fuzzbass likes this.
  20. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    barrf! :vomit:
    I would let it go anonymous before I would put LED's all over it ;)

rodl2005 likes this.
  21. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Thanks for the kind words; it was certainly great to meet you! I always have fun listening to other players check out all the cabs and amp combinations, which as you found out, takes quite some time with all the various amps and cabs. But for me, I get to kick back and listen to the subtleties since I am subjective instead of objective when playing through the same. Really gives one a more thorough perspective with the nuances of different cabs & amps.
    I see someone else noticed the Cab logo & bass color matching; really cool!

rodl2005 and tree_trunker like this.