1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Bear in mind that we mostly hear the 2nd and 3rd harmonic. Any cab speced somewhere around 40 Hz is fine for low B as well as E. In fact, sometimes best to cut the frequency even higher, in some rooms and stages.

GregC likes this.
  2. My dream setup would be a ForteHP with a HG412 and HDN410 stack.

5StringPocket likes this.
  3. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Follow your dreams. Let us know how you like it :)

UpperBout, Dan Robbins and TolerancEJ like this.
  4. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    The HDN212 is loved by many as a single cab solution. Me too likes it.

Dan Robbins likes this.
  5. Dan Robbins

Dan Robbins Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Central CA
    Owned the HG310 and HG410. Sold them. I Prefer the HDN210 (I have two). Amazing sound. HG’s don’t have enough lows, or highs for me. I prefer the ported cabs, and the HDN has a brighter tweeter. The sweet spot for me!!! Really balanced lows, mids, highs. The vertical 410 is unbelievable. (Have not tried HDN210 with the HDN112.)

Never tried the Ref210. That tweeter is too smooth for me. I’m sure it’s great for many tho! Can’t go wrong with Bergs; it’s all a matter of taste.

I am selling an HDN212 if anyone is interested. I just prefer 10’s...My supporting member status expired; gotta renew that.
    Comes with padded cover. I’d like to get $1100.

6. Dan Robbins

Mar 19, 2006
    Central CA
  7. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    I bought Dan's HG310 and couldn't be happier. Different strokes for different folks, albeit I use my HG310 and now HG410 primarily for upright bass gigs. I know Dan did that also with the HG310, but somehow the sealed cab approach works very well for me to reduce low end rumble coming from my particular big old upright. I agree with Dan that the tweeters on the HG cabs are very smooth and I tend to move the attenuator up to about 3 o'clock and the Hi freq output on my B/Amp up by 4-5db. I've also used the HGs for electric bass, but mostly when doubling. For strictly electric bass sessions and gigs, my HDN212 and HDN112 sure do comes in handy!

rictrose, Joshua and Dan Robbins like this.
  8. Dan Robbins

Mar 19, 2006
    Central CA
    Ted I’m so glad you love it!!! It is a great cab!!! And you have the mythical HG710! Only used that once. It was CRAZY

TolerancEJ likes this.
  9. Lepparda

Lepparda

Sep 21, 2016
    I recently tested the REF210/112 combination against the HDN210/112, HDN410, HDN212, HDN112(2), HG310 and HG410.

My advice is ‘if you like ceramics’
    stick with the REFs as although the other cabs all have their merits none have the tone and depth of the ceramics.

barneybass and stephenb923 like this.
  10. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    I tend to agree as I too have listened to all these and have posted before that my absolute favorite "ROCK" setup is the Ref 112 plus Ref 210 OR a pair of Ref 112s. I don't own them ONLY because I cant easily lift them. For that reason I prefer the HDNs.

11. The ingenious thing about Jim is that he makes various series of cabs that somehow don’t stop you from wanting others. I’d love to own some Ref’s or HG’s but I’ve got a nice collection of HDN’s and NV’s. This cab gets used A LOT

6BDE009F-6BB5-4C83-866B-2A7A212D6575.

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 you speak the truth, brother! :thumbsup: :D :cool:

13. Tuesday night. BAmp and HG410 in there on the left of drums.
    FB_IMG_1565740641207.
    Disco theme...9 piece..
    Was a great gig, and about 700 wa, I mean bankers ;):smug:

FB_IMG_1565740766374.
    Our 2 female singers
    FB_IMG_1565740744451.
    Ballz
    20190813_182650.

Attached Files:

14. I have an Ampeg PF-20T incoming, and I think I want a 112 cab to go with it for recording. There are 3 Berg 112 cabs for sale I'm considering, an AE, HT, and an EX. Has anyone got any experience or thoughts on what maybe a good option for this application?

15. I had 2 AE112s and really liked em. Only sold coz I was using em both mostly, so swapped for a single larger cab. Great cabs tho.

16. I think I know the 3 cabs you are talking about. The AE looks pretty beaten up. The HT looks to be in good condition. Its a ceramic model too isn’t it?

17. I really like this set up. Noble into this NV115. This sealed cab has such an amazing responsiveness that I don’t need a compressor to get that quickness. I’m still putting it through its paces. The sealed design really is a different experience when playing live. I find it works really well with an un mic’d bass drum. The low end is sweet and soft and doesn’t take over. I feel an evenness when I play up and down the neck that I don’t get from other cabs. Quite often the lows take over everything. Not with this cab. All of this means nothing to the audience or other bands members. It probably means nothing to anyone except me. That’s okay

C0189F36-943D-47D1-AEEB-AB90D10E0F00.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  18. Yes the AE does, and yes the HT looks better. Just trying to get my head around the tonal differences.

ExaltBass and rictrose like this.
  19. I wanted that HT so bad because the price is good. But he wouldn’t ship it to Melb. I’ve heard great things about that model

20. Well if he won't ship it to you, he won't ship it to me in Adelaide! May as well look at other options then.