1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. This works for me nicely.
    FB_IMG_1556075787334.
    That's an HG410 and AD200B. I've used it with my Super Bassman too, and it's great.
    I've not used it with the Aguilar TH500 tho. The BAmp is the only class D I've used it with

Rocksolid, NOLA Bass, HD007 and 4 others like this.
  2. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I use the same setup with HDNs, absolutely slays.

Attached Files:

quindecima, HD007, GregC and 2 others like this.
  3. quindecima

quindecima Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    Yep, I think the Mesa's and the Berg amps are pretty close so I didn't hesitate when this one presented itself at a good price, I could have had either with similar results, those speakers really came alive!

mmbass21 likes this.
  4. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I own the HDN112 and HDN212. Although I use them separately, I stacked them for an outdoor gig. They of course worked fantastic together. My tone was the same, just louder and pushing more air!

Fred312b, ExaltBass, husky123 and 2 others like this.
  5. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Just got the new Bluetooth pedal. Can't wait to use it.

6. Lepparda

Lepparda

Sep 21, 2016
    I so wanted the HG410 to be my one cab solution with my BIAmp but to be honest it was the first cab I eliminated from extensive selection process as found it far too hollow sounding for the more old school tone I am after. I far preferred the HDN (210,112,212) and NV115 cabs before, after several visits, finally settled on a REF210/112 combination.

fullsizeoutput_1367.

LM Bass, scottm, Slaymus and 9 others like this.
  7. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I would love to hear that in comparison to the HDN equivalent.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  8. Lepparda

Lepparda

Sep 21, 2016
    I compared the two set ups for several hours and the HDN’s are 90% there but I’m not a 90% kind of guy.

Fred312b likes this.
  9. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Gotcha. I can only imagine how good the Ref series sounds.

10. On Andy Irvine’s YouTube channel, he has a comparison of the HDN410 and HG410 cabinets.

iwearpumas likes this.
  11. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the HG410 with the TH500 vs the B|Amp

rodl2005 likes this.
  12. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    90% of the performance and 60% of the weight? That’d be a difficult choice for me. The modularity of the ref 322 would make it manageable though... i think i’ll be doing some comparing like you did as well...

ExaltBass and kevk like this.
  13. I found Andy Irvine's demonstration video comparing the HDN410 and HG410 cabinets. I always enjoy Andy's videos. As opposed to some reviewers that come off more like a salesman, his videos feel like a friend that just wants to show you something cool.

mmbass21, kevk and Lepparda like this.
  14. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    There is a lot of tonal difference across the lines (which is really cool to me). If I had to pick, the HG410 is my favorite between it and my HDN212. At least in the context of my band and tone. However, my good friend (a great local pro player) has tried them both. He loves the HDN212. He plays vintage style basses in funk, soul and blues projects, while I play more modern ones primarily in a detuned metal setting. Really interested in trying out the REF 210/112 stack. It is getting a lot of love on the forum and FB group.

ExaltBass likes this.
  15. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I have not even plugged my Fender 100T into the HG410 yet, and it is sitting in my house. I need to give that a try, I bet it sounds great. I just sold the Fender 410 cabinet. It was just not up to snuff vs the Berg cabs. Once I tried the 100T through my HDN 212, and having plugged other heads into my Fender cab, it was an easy call .

rodl2005 and husky123 like this.
  16. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    Just received my first Bergantino cab to go with my Forte HP. Picked up a used HDN212 here in the classifieds, just in time for band rehearsal tomorrow night and gig this weekend. Looking forward to it!!:bassist:

NOLA Bass, ExaltBass, Lex P. and 7 others like this.
  17. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    You may tear up when you hear it. It's majestic.

husky123 and jakka1 like this.
  18. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    Stayed home long enough to unpack and fire it up for a few minutes. Believe me, it was hard to come back to work! Majestic indeed!!!

NOLA Bass, Fred312b, husky123 and 2 others like this.
  19. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    The 100T is amazing through my HDN Berg cabs. I too have been trying to offload my Bassman 410 Neo, it sounds good with the 100T but it can't stay focused when you push it.

@jakka1 you found one!!

NOLA Bass and jakka1 like this.
  20. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    0FC6764C-9DF6-4F1A-86E3-A0ACC26159BA. It’s official, I can now say I have a Bergantino rig. :D