1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. As they say in New England: "Ah, that rig's wicked shahp!"

Black tie with emerald cufflinks....

ExaltBass and jakka1 like this.
  2. Do Bergantino cabinets come with optional casters? For many of the pictures posted here & other areas, they appear to be sitting flat on the floor. I'm just thinking about the ease of transporting them. I don't own one yet; I'm just pre-planning.

3. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    I put casters on my NV115 with no problems, the plywood on them is plenty thick and they are just heavy enough that wheels were really helpful.

4. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I recommend using a cart instead of drilling into the cabs, but that is just me.

Mark

5. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I also did this. and agree completely.
    if you get super fancy, you can put on removable casters. but I didn't see the point in that.

6. Other than my IP310, I find I like Berg cabs on the floor for the coupling effect, so if I was adding castors I'd want removable also

kevk, Fred312b and ExaltBass like this.
  7. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    It’s too bad they don’t have the tilt back roller blade style wheels on back with a handle on top. That’s about the only thing I’ll miss from the last 2 - 212 cabs I’ve owned.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  8. A cart is a great idea if the destination is just one level. They don’t help much if there are stairs. (Do they make a cart that climbs stairs yet?) :smug:

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I’m old and lazy, I put wheels on all my Bergie cabs, even the 1/12s.:D

10. mwbonsall

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    My Gruv Gear cart does stairs very well, but I seldom encounter stairs. Not sure casters would help much on stairs either.

Mark

TolerancEJ likes this.
  11. Yes, you can buy em from a hardware store :D

TolerancEJ likes this.
  12. BassPilot

BassPilot Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    Fred312b likes this.
  13. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    TolerancEJ likes this.
  14. gyancey

gyancey Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I installed removable casters once on a cabinet, but after the first time rolling through the various nastiness it takes to get to into clubs around here I quickly realized there's no way I'm ever touching those things again.

15. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    I'm not much on casters, and prefer a good cart for transport. Plus I also like to de-couple my rig from the stage itself, in order to isolate any resonances. Casters on stage, or even removable ones that allow cab feet on the stage, don't de-couple the cab from the stage.

Stages can reverberate with vibration and can really change the frequency of your output. Poorly designed stages are notorious for this. And can even set up room resonances that get boomy at frequencies that totally wreck your sound. Even small, well designed platforms can do that.

I just started carrying a weird little cheap device that is even endorsed by Joe Bonamassa. It is an Isolation pad to put onto the stage and set the cabs on it. It can be built easily or store bought for something that looks nice.

If I'm on a concrete slab not a necessary item, but the ease of use and portability make it easy to bring to most gigs. Guess there is a reason Bonamassa endorses the thing.

GreatGRAMMA™ v2 | Auralex Acoustics

And my cart gets it all to the stage. In fact it is from On-Stage.
    This is the one I use; small, heavy duty, but still light enough to loaded into the back, and not a fortune:

On-Stage - UTC2200 - On-Stage Stands

TolerancEJ likes this.
  16. mwbonsall

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I use the Rock n Roller cart, very similar. Whatever works to make the load in and out quicker and easier.

upload_2019-9-12_12-11-5.

Mark

17. Working Bass

Working Bass Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    Just started using a DB750 with my NV215 - a big improvement, for me, over the 'Peg VR.

In the interim period i used my Ashdown ABM500 Evo II - doesn't touch the Aggie but damn, does that head slam with this cab!! A very under rated head

upload_2019-8-18_15-45-21.

rodl2005 and Fred312b like this.
  18. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    IMG_1354.JPG These roller blade style wheels were a pretty slick option. The cab sits the same distance from the floor as a typical cab with rubber feet.

TolerancEJ, Fred312b and tree_trunker like this.
  19. tree_trunker

tree_trunker

Mar 17, 2017
    Texas
    Where did you purchase those?

20. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    They came on a MAS cab that I had built several years ago. I no longer have the cab, but the parts probably came from Speakerhardware.com since that's who built it.

Fred312b likes this.