1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    It looks like he doesn't have those anymore but has a different recessed style. They look pretty similar to the ones on my Barefaced cab. Not sure I would cut into a Bergantino cab to install flush mount castors though. Not unless I knew FOR SURE that it could be done without screwing things up. Now... If someone else wants to be a guinea pig and let me know how it turns out;)

2 1/2 Flush Mount Caster | Speaker Hardware

2. Madunic Music

Madunic Music Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thought I'd share a little Bergantino tone goodness! This is a video that was shot a few weeks ago at my band Blind Fiction's album release party. We decided to do a little cover of Clapton's "Got To Get Better in a Little While" for fun and because we're all huge fans. What you hear is my forté HP direct signal from the board (I was running my HDN212 and HG412 together on stage). No effects, no post-processing. Just another reason why Bergantino's the best IMO. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  3. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    that's awesome tone and playin' right there

kevk, tree_trunker, Joshua and 2 others like this.
  4. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks for the kind words! :)

5. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Madunic Music likes this.
  6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I dug that!

7. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks!

8. Super tasty!

9. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks!

10. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Looks like a blast! Great playing, and I Love That Berg tone!

11. dpbass66

dpbass66 Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Yeah man! I dig your lead singer dude... great time!! Funky! Drummer is killin it too.

ExaltBass and Madunic Music like this.
  12. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks!

ExaltBass likes this.
  13. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks man! Both drummers killed it (there are two ;))! Always a blast to play with them.

14. dpbass66

dpbass66 Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    I know I'm stating the obvious (on a bass blog of all places)... but dont you just love it when the drummer is good? Whenever I get called to sub on a gig, my first question is always, "Who is the drummer?".... if the drummer is good, it almost doesnt matter who else is playing (almost...)..

15. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Truth! :thumbsup:

16. BassPilot

BassPilot Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    I have a Peavey MiniMega and I really like(d) it. It is the most transparent amp I have played - bar none - with a big, clean bottom end that absolutely roars. I don't use pedals, per se, except for a Broughton HPF/LPF which also has a gain knob. But I've had serious reliability problems with the MiniMega and it's now crapped out again. I can not trust it even in rehearsal. So I'm looking to get something comparable or better sound wise. The MiniMega is rated at 1,000 watts RMS and I believe it's a true 1,000 watts.
    I want that clean big bottom end with a nice low mid punch.
    My gigs are typically bar gigs, not large venues. I have an HDN210, CN112 and HG310. I'd also like to add another HDN210 as that is just a fantastic cab and I can only imagine what 2 of them would sound like. 2 Ohm capability is also high on my list as I'd like to pair the HG310 with another cab for some shows. I do like to twist the knobs a little, but once I get it set up to my ear I don't mess with it.
    Amps that I have are Mesa D800 (only 2 Ohm capable head I currently have), Mesa Walkabout (Currently for sale), Genz Benz Streamliner 900, GK 700RBii, GK MB200. The D800 and Streamliner get the most time now (used to be the MiniMega). But I yearn for the big clean bottom (amp, not woman). I haven't played the Mesa WD800 but I've read that it does have that baked in Mesa tone that I'm not that fond of.
    So, my Bergantino Buddies, I'm thinking either a B|Amp, a Forte or a Forte HP. The HP sounds like it fit's the bill but it's quite a bit more expensive than a used B|Amp or Forte. I'd like the groups thoughts on it, the B|Amp and original Forte based on this post.

Dan Robbins likes this.
  17. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    Unless you like collecting amps, sounds like you could sell a couple to justify the purchase. I can only speak for the Forte HP but it is such a great amp. I sold my backup amp just because I want to play it every chance I get.

BassPilot and ExaltBass like this.
  18. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    C96E88D7-756B-4F79-945B-AE6F6C4A3EAF.

19. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    Wow. Just wow.

HD007 and jakka1 like this.
  20. UpperBout

UpperBout Supporting Member

One thing I found most noticeable about my B|Amp is it is just easier to hear more distinctly, especially when paired with the speaker profiles. Although I don't have "live fire" experience with either of the Forte's, I've checked them out enough in-store to grok that the same engineering is in those amps too.

Putting it another way, the measuring stick we use to think of "power" really doesn't apply with the Bergantino stuff. I played an outdoor pool party last night. No FOH support for the bass. Running a passive Fender Jazz Select into a B|Amp into an HD212. It was vibrating the paving stones that was our stage. MP3 recorder about 55 feet away in the backyard. I still had too much bass on the first song, and the B|Amp wasn't even past 11:30 on the volume (ie. it was about 45%). My other main gig is a bar - for that, I typically use the B|Amp with 1 NV115.

I typically run the B|Amp dead-flat, EQ wise, regardless of bass I am feeding it. Great that it sounds so good with 0 EQ compensation, also great to know I've got it if I want it.

I don't think you can make an incorrect choice between any of the Bergantino Amps, I wouldn't get too caught up in comparing the raw wattage number between BrandX and Bergantino. I typically run at 700W (the B|Amp into 1 cab), and have never wanted for power. Would I love a Forte HP? (Or -- even better, a B|Amp HP) Sure. But not because I need more power than what I currently have.

Joshua, Fred312b, BassPilot and 2 others like this.