1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, May 10, 2007.

1. Really digging this combo - HDN212 through an Eden WT550 (US made). Absolutely crushing tone.
    24983275-76F5-43B1-A8C5-69B9B594018F.

2. BassPilot

BassPilot Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    UpperBout,

I mentioned wattage in reference to clean headroom into higher volumes. I love the clean low frequency slam of the MiniMega. I’m leaning towards the HP but just looking for a someone to rub my shoulders and tell me everything’s going to be alright :help:.

Dave

3. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Lots of HDN212 love posted lately :thumbsup:
    For anyone looking to join in, or maybe add another, I'm offering mine (+cover) at a substantial discount - HDN 212 found here.

4. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    B|Amp killed it last night at a special local theater gig. Cool stage and lots of fun. And the rig had a real bottom sound cutting the mix like no body's business. Everyone was in the house but me and the guitarist. Guitar was in two Mesa Lonestars with Ext. cabs (eight twelves). The Berg rig cleaned house.
    Theater Gig.
    Theater Gig 2.

5. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    BTW... the dumb 8 inch riser would have been a reverberation nightmare, plywood monster. That is why I brought the Auralex Isolation Board. It worked like a champ. "Don't leave home without it".... LOL

Jaco Pastashoot and nbsipics like this.
  6. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Kansas
    There really should not be a concern here whatsoever. We are talking about a 1200 watt Bergantino. :D Your Peavey will soon be forgotten.

7. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    great playing on a cool tune Madunic.
    Besides your skill, its a testament to the quality of the DI out on the Forte. I was interested to read that you are running the ported HDN212 along with the sealed HG412. How would you say these cabs get along for live work ? Of course, you must like them or you would not run them together, but I am interested to hear more about that match.

I am currently running a CN212 for most gigs, but I do occasionally run a CN312 rig too. I have been considering picking up an NV212T (sealed) with the idea that I might add the (ported) CN112 to it when I felt like I needed a bit more umph!.

Madunic Music likes this.
  8. pfschim

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Another B|amp/Forte question for you all.
    I know there is big love for these amps, particularly with those who also run Jim's cabs.

Anyone using a tube pre with their B|amp or Forte. I am running a Noble DI these days and am interested to hear from anyone running one into a Berg amp.

thanks

9. UpperBout

UpperBout Supporting Member

Yeah, I hear ya'. I think that is what I was saying: Even among the lower watted-Bergs, you can't make a bad choice. If you go for the HP, you'll have the most watts currently available from Bergantino. But I think you'll find, as I did, that the Berg's "effective" watts are on their own scale, so to speak.

Fred312b likes this.
  10. Madunic Music

Madunic Music Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    The HDN212 and HG412 play together very nicely. It's my new favorite setup (stage space allowing). The HDN212 being ported gives me some nice deep lows while the HG412 provides the low mid and mid thump..not to mentioned the rear mounted speaker on the cab that just helps envelope you in creamy, rich bass tone goodness. This set-up/configuration has to really be heard to be believed! :)

11. pfschim

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    cool, renews my interest in picking up the NV212T and potentially pairing it with the CN112 when needed for a bit more umph down low.

I love Jim B's cabs. The CN212 has been my primary go-to for 10 years. I added the CN112 last year and use it when the gig requires (which is not very often). I also have a NV610, which I love, but it is kind of overkill for most gigs I do which is why I am interested in the smaller, sealed NV212T. I am running with solid PA support in 4 projects these days and the goal is to have clear, solid stage volume, but not overkill and I think the NV212T will do what I need.

12. Used this for 2 gigs on the weekend. It killed. First time I have used the IP310 outside, ans everything I have read about it is completely accurate
    [​IMG]

13. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Which preamp are you using with the Ip310?

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    IP310 at an outside gig is a guaranteed win! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :thumbsup:

Rocksolid, allenhumble and ExaltBass like this.
  15. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    IP310 is such a beast. Its still a benchmark in 2019.

Rocksolid likes this.
  16. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI

Very cool. I also own an NV610 (was the first Berg cab I ever purchased), along with an NV215, and an HD410. I've used the NV610 and NV215 together and it is monsterous! I find that with the HG412 and HDN212 combo I can keep things a bit more controlled volume-wise (I can definitely get loud if I need to) and get a very pleasant, fat delicious tone on stage that everyone in the band enjoys and is not blasting everyone off stage. Not to mention that the two cab configuration also looks really cool on stage too. :)

PWV likes this.
  17. pfschim

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    nice, I'm sure it sounds killer.
    good move tilting the cab up by removing the back casters :thumbsup:
    I do this with my CN212 by stuffing the Mesa WD800 soft case under the cab ... very handy.

18. pfschim

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I'm sure it sounds good and looks cool too, but with the 1200w Forte HP and 6 (!) 12's, you have way more firepower on stage than I ever use. Do you have a road crew to help haul/setup/tear down your rig ?

mwbonsall, Madunic Music and jakka1 like this.
  19. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Good lord! that sounds massive

20. Madunic Music

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    No, I don't have a road crew/roadie. I haul, set up, and tear down all of my own gear and am a bit obsessive about it. :) Actually it's all very easy to move, set up, and tear down. Given that the HDN212 only weighs 47 pounds, the HG412 weighs only 64 pounds (you can get casters for it too), and the forté HP head only weighing 6.4 pounds, the whole rig still weighs considerably less (117.4 lbs) than an SVT/810 stack (220 lbs.) for example....and is tonally far superior IMO. Sure it's a lot of power and speakers, but for me it's all about headroom and how much air is actually being moved on stage by the bass, not necessarily how loud I can get. I share the same mentality as bassist Andy Irvine in this regard, and he touches on this subject a bit in one of his videos right here around the 9:00 mark..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    TolerancEJ, Joshua, mmbass21 and 2 others like this.