1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ken Lloyd, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Ken Lloyd

Ken Lloyd Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    So an old friend from way back calls me and asks to fill in with his very busy and popular club band. I say yes before I recall that I haven't done a gig like this in more than 10 years. I play several jazz gigs a year, and one or two pickup jobs, but that's it. He and I used to play clubs together like 15 years ago.

I've two weeks to prepare. I have no fretted basses in sight. Any tips??

2. trasser

trasser

Dec 13, 2005
    club band...what kind of music is that?

3. JackANSI

JackANSI

Sep 12, 2006
    PA
    See if you can borrow your pals bass for the gig? But fretless should be fine right?

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Jaco didn't need frets...

Someone had to go there...;):D

5. Roger Pounders

Roger Pounders

May 24, 2006
    Tony Franklin (the Firm) had no Frets, the guy from Pearl Jam had no Frets, the guy from the Fixx had no Frets

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    If fretless is what you feel comfortable with, then go fretless. You only have two weeks to prepare, now's no time to reacclimate yourself to frets + learning a bunch of club songs!