1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club iGiG

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeXbass, Jan 9, 2012.

1. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    So im not sure if this is in the wrong place. MODS: Feel free to move.

So although I am new to the family I couldnt find a thread for iGiG owners/users. We can share our experiences and even possibly offer ideas to help keep iGiG at the top of the game! Who else is proud to be an iGiG user!?!?

Heres my first bag, which im TOTALLY lovin! I also have a G525 on order!

0e81f939.

2. domestique

domestique

Sep 5, 2011
    PA
    Love iGIG!

I have a G515D (double bass case) and a G315. The iGIG cases are amazing. It was between these and MONO cases, but iGIG have a lot more pockets.

The G515D is great for gigs when you need 2 basses and carry a lot of cables. If you have a micro amp you would be able to even put it in the gig bag (i.e. Genz Benz Streamliner). My shuttle max 9.2 does NOT fit however. I can make one trip to the car by carrying 2 basses on my back, a shoulder bag carrying my amp head and extra cables, and my arms carrying my cab.

The G315 is my go to bag when I am playing at church or a jam with friends where if my bass goes down it isn't crucial. It doesn't have all the pockets that the G515 does but does have a nice built in rain fly that covers the outside.

The only thing I may add is a hard shell case that is empty (i.e. Pelican 1750 with no foam) so I can place my gig bag inside for added protection on long hauls, but still have the flexibilty of the gig bag when I am on site.

G515D
    [​IMG]

G315
    [​IMG]

3. Rosewood Ghosts

Rosewood Ghosts

Jun 16, 2011
    I'll bite. I'm a new 525 owner and love it so far. The point of emphasis for me (aside from protection, which it definitely offers) is comfort. I live in a city apartment and walk about a mile back and forth to my practice space, plus gigs, etc. I've found the backstraps on this bag to be extremely comfortable and balanced over long distances. I also love how the straps are set further up on the case, so there isn't a ton of neck sticking up above your head. I'm 6'3" and I can go through standard/elevator/subway doors, no problem. It also comes on and off easily, and has many handle/grip options, so I can easily leave it on my back or take it off depending on how crowded the subway is. Overall I have no real complaints about this bag. Sure it's big, but its a bass case and basses are big. Considering it's size, I think its as comfortable and easily transportable as it can be. Any smaller and it would be compromising the protection factor. I went with the 525 bc I don't need a ton of storage. I carry a Sansamp BDDI, a strap, and some cables and there is still plenty of room to spare. At $220 w/ shipping it was a bit pricey but worth it. I like to think of it as quality luggage, worth the money if it lasts. Lastly, I have alot of confidence in the this bag to protect my bass. It's still a "soft case", but that's what I was looking for... a portable gig bag. I wouldn't recommend stacking a ton of gear on top of it in the van, but i'd say it's tough enough to protect my bass against a reasonable amount of impact. Definitely recommended.

4. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Wassup Mike!

My 515 bag is almost 4 years old and going strong, the best bags, IMHO.

5. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    You might look into one of these. ATA Roto Electric Bass Case by SKB Cases

Assuming your gig bag will fit in it, this sounds exactly like what you are looking for. A lot of folks use these for flying.

6. I'm in! I have one of only 5 (so I'm told) of the Red and Black Single Bags. Not sure of the model number it's been a few years and it comes from one of if not the first runs of the bags. I also had 2 of the Black Double bags but sold one and still have one left. My single has thousands of miles on it and is still going strong! No rips, no tears, and even still has ALL the zippers intact and fully functional! I even have the little matching case that came with it. I thin they called it a passport case or something and that is just as good a shape as the bag! I have had everything and the iGig tops them all! Currently have a Mono dual case but it stays home and holds whatever I am not transporting. Love the iGig above all others!! You can't go wrong with these!

Peace,

T

7. Lugzy

Lugzy Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    London, UK
    Hey, thanks for a great tip.

It's taken me months to come to a decision, but I think I'm going to get a 515d (what a shame it doesn't come in black & red). The ATA Roto Bass Case is a great idea for transporting bass + gig-bag for long haul trips in a van, but it won't fit a 515d. So the larger flight case option is probably what I need.

Thanks to you guy's for starting this thread.

Lugzy

8. Lugzy

Lugzy Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    London, UK
    FWIW, I got the 515d, and would like to thank Miko for arranging the delivery as requested, it turned out fine. I got to use it as soon as I returned to the UK. I packed my Ken Smith BT4 & Zon Sonus 5 for a trip to Scotland. The venue was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and the igig was perfect for protection and mobility, the bag fully loaded was heavy but comfortable. I've just received my 515 tweed bag from Bass Direct in the UK and can honestly say
    IMHO "These bags are the best."

Peace..

9. No need for a number just consider me an honorary member. I've had my G515 since iGig first hit the scene and it's STILL one of the best bags around. In fact those only comparable bag, imo, has been discontinued/changed (The Access Stage 5).

Quick question: Are those G315s still available in tweed?

10. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I just got mine from Jimmy at Alleva.. will post photo this week

11. Lugzy

Lugzy Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    London, UK
    I didn't realise the G315 was tweed, I assumed the one shown on the IGig website was Khaki coloured, well that's how it appears to my four eyes; Or was that a typo and you were really referring to the G515? I like the rain mac cover on the 315, they should've incorporated that into the whole range.

12. Lugzy

Lugzy Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    London, UK
    Ahh, Alleva Coppolo basses (on my gas list I'm afraid), great looking and sounding basses.
    Glad to hear you've wrapped yours up in an IGig.
    I would've posted a pic, but my lousy IPhone say's I've exceeded my memory to upload.
    I'll post some in a day or two from the laptop.
    Look forward to your pic's..Enjoy

13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Moved to Misc.

14. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Now this is a club that I'd like to join...but just about everything on the iGig website shows up as being out of stock. Does anyone have any info as to if & when they may be available again?

15. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley

Strangely enough it's Nov. 2015 and they are still out of stock.

16. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
  17. +1

I've been waiting for the 515 to come back, though it looks like that may be in the works- Igig has a preorder link for this model. Anyone know when the next batch is due?

18. Strait from the horse's mouth, looking at a late Jan/Feb 2016 arrival date for more bags.

19. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I need a new igig.. Love mine for the space but the seams are separating, and the zipper tooth broke... just a mess.

20. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    I didn't know this thread existed....I'm in with an iGig 515 in black that I got in June....I'm loving it!