1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club owner love letter.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bunk McNulty, Mar 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Heh heh. I love this stuff.

17078570_759812974195593_1288712070_n.

kojack, nixdad, Baa and 10 others like this.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I guess you knocked it off the chassis! Cool! It's great to get kudos from the owner. Nice work! (Ahem, where are the pictures?) ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    nixdad, Bunk McNulty and s0c9 like this.
  3. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Recently received similar from a venue we've been playing once a month since last Dec. At the last gig the owner stood in front of the stage telling us all the people were there expressly to hear us. He then asked if I wanted anything from the bar. It felt weird having the owner [this is a very famous local franchise] get my drink. I looked at my geetar player and he said "hell, he carried my equipment in". A solid partnership is a good place to be.

nixdad, BassCliff and Bunk McNulty like this.
  4. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I must be hallucinating. I thought I read club owners were praising a band.
    As long as people don't start saying what a great place to shop GC is, I think I'll be okay.

5. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    You wrote that to yourself right? ... com'on.. Fess up ;)

6. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Next photo op will be March 10. I'll be sure to document it, sir. :)

BassCliff likes this.
  7. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Just to be clear, if I understood what our secret formula was, I'd be the first to share it. We don't do anything that hasn't been done before. Maybe it's because our slave-driver BL always has us play two hours straight for our "first" set? Maybe it's because we're real loose and have a lot of fun? We ain't got no pro recordings, no pro video, no Electronic Press Kit. No manager. Just a BL who's real hungry for work, I guess.

DirtDog, nixdad, BassCliff and 2 others like this.
  8. Wow, is that what a unicorn looks like?

RoadRanger, DirtDog, nixdad and 2 others like this.
  9. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Fan love letter. This social media thing is really all right. (The references to "Spirit" and "Tiger" are for two area clubs we play with some regularity.) The occasion was the band coming off its February vacation, also our BL's birthday. "Beatle Al" is a character who shows up at our gigs to sing "I Saw Her Standing There." He's been a fixture for two years now, the crowd is disappointed if he doesn't show up. We don't pay the horn section, they just show up and play on a few tunes.

Anyway, nothin' like having your fans promote you...

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 9.32.35 AM.

nixdad and BassCliff like this.
  10. Close, that's what a unicorn standing behind a unicorn looks like.
    Fishheadjoe

Bunk McNulty and Treadstone71 like this.