1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club RickenFaker / FakenBacker - Show Your Fake Rics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GCPENG

GCPENG

Mar 7, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    I suspect that you could easily get one of the sellers of a fake 4004LK to sell you an unloaded bass. I bought a loaded one as a novelty and have been quite happy with it as such.

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    There are probably 100 fake Lemmy basses for every real one

Axstar likes this.
  3. GCPENG

GCPENG

Mar 7, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    Sounds about right to me.

Axstar likes this.
  4. Cran

Cran

Oct 24, 2018
    Hey guys, I'm considering getting a lawsuit rick copy as my next bass (in a while), but I don't know where and how to look for them. I've seen some come up in local (NZ) classifieds, but none have come up since and I've not seen anyone in any international platforms (for anyone interested, they were a fireglo Aria and a reverse tuxedo Greco. I'm miffed I couldn't get at least the Aria because I didn't have a job at the time). I don't know what to do to get my hands on one. Any tips?

5. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Ric zealously hunts them down and has them pulled on major sites like Ebay, but doesnt seem to police Reverb or CL. Try putting a wanted ad on TB, maybe somebody has one. Getting hard to find, and pricey too.

6. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Checked Reverb, nothing for sale today, but they have sold Ibanez fakers recently, keep haunting it.

7. Cran

Cran

Oct 24, 2018
    Alright, I'll keep an eye out, thanks for the advice though! Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on one. Are there any specific search terms that you use? I know that most posts saying "Rick clone", "4001/3 clone", etc would be easier to get deleted by the Ric overlords.

8. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Nah, just search "lawsuit rickenbacker bass", or By brand, Ibanez, Greco, Fernandes, etc. followed by Rickenbacker. Try a few different search combinations, you'll find one eventually, but be ready to shell out $6-800, they go quick when they pop up.

9. Cran

Cran

Oct 24, 2018
    So this one is around on Ebay. The spirit of the Greco that was on local classifieds this year (that I didn't pick up) is haunting me. If only I hadn't bought my latest bass...
    It looks good, though. I just hoped that it would have better pictures.

10. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    I love the description, "deformed body". The Ric Police must be slacking, these usually get pulled down off EBay within 24 hours or so. Looks pretty good in the photos.

11. Cran

Cran

Oct 24, 2018
    Yeah, I just wish I had the money to afford it. Despite it being several orders of magnitude cheaper than a real rick (at least here in NZ), it's still a big amount, hahah.

12. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Your best bet might be having a faker customized through something like The Top Guitars, neck through, nicer gingerbread etc, and then gradually upgrade to spread the cost. What's a used Ric go for in NZ? I know they are ridiculous in AU.

13. Cran

Cran

Oct 24, 2018
    I’m not too sure. The newer models (2010+) would be understandable to see going for $2.5-3k NZD, but I’ve not seen one from the ‘90s and before, so I wouldn’t know how much they would rake up. Certainly more than an Ibanez or a Greco from that era, haha.