Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hear Hear! Just a quick note to say Happy New Year to the TBL Sadowsky crew. A big thanks to Roger and everyone for keeping the information and inspiration flowing. Wishing everyone a safe, rewarding, and grooving 2022!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

31HZ, Fuzzbass, BluesyCat and 5 others like this.
  2. Sean Gill

Sean Gill

Dec 31, 2021
    Wow a response directly from you is much appreciated sir! Thank you for the advice as well, it looks like my hunt continues. I'll try to find what I'm looking for in the states I guess. It's quite difficult to decide on one of your basses, they're all amazing. Thank you for your work!

timplog and Sadowsky like this.
  3. pickups

pickups Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    I don't know if the question has ever been asked before, but do you have a bass collection? Have you ever made a bass and said "I want to keep this one for my personal collection"?

ExaltBass likes this.
  4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Have you tried pushing the two clips all the way in so they engage fully?

If you are in the US and have any issues with your bass or Warwick's website, please contact Ashley, who will take good care of you. please contact Ashley Hunsaker: [email protected]

5. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    The new plastic control cover was intended to be a serious upgrade and to make battery replacement much easier. This was not a cost saving measure at all, and serious money went into the molds for these. If you are having issues, it is important that you let Warwick know. The only issue I encountered is having to manually push in the tabs after replacing the cover, rather than just assume it would snap into place.

For US, please contact Ashley Hunsaker: [email protected]
    For international, please contact Hans Peter Wilfer: [email protected]

Spidey2112, 31HZ, Fred312b and 2 others like this.
  6. timplog

timplog Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2016
    santa fe, new mexico
    So just to clarify….does this
    Sadowsky MetroLine 2021 LTD 4 String, 24-Fret Modern Bass, Natural
    Transparent Satin (61/100, 7.7 Ibs!) from Warwick, have a chambered body, or is chambering only found on the NYC models?

It’s a fabulous instrument either way, it’s very lightweight however that was achieved.

Happy hopeful and healthy New Year to y’all’s !

7. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City

Fuzzbass and Fred312b like this.
  8. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    As I said.....all 2021 MetroLine production is chambered.

Winter, pickups, Fred312b and 2 others like this.
  9. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    I strongly encourage everyone to purchase domestically so you have return privileges and US warranty coverage.

JoshS, Spidey2112, 31HZ and 2 others like this.
  10. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    I do not have a bass or guitar collection. Over the last 40 years, when I look at any instrument I might want to keep, I just remember that I have rent and employees to pay. That part of my business has never gotten easier. We are only 5 in the workshop, including me. I also believe instruments are made to be played, not sit in a storage room or in a showcase.

HeavyJazz, 1kinal, KlankTank and 24 others like this.
  11. timplog

Jul 18, 2016
    santa fe, new mexico
    Thanks very much Sir, reached out to to Ashley and provided the necessaries, she’s been great and will send out a replacement apace.

not sure exactly why the cover won’t click into place, and stay on but it may be the plastic tabs don’t have quite the resiliency or “memory” needed.
    I have been careful to see that these tabs are seated properly but don’t seem to catch well.
    then again how often do I need to open the cover after all…

thanks for the rather astonishing (these days to hear back from any owner/ builder, himself, over holidays) reply and customer service!

best to you and yours

GregC likes this.
  12. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    That’s awesome.

timplog likes this.
  13. KAOSBass

KAOSBass Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Dallas Texas
    AMEN!!!!

kobass and Breeze3 like this.
  14. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring our spinning, shimmery aquasphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    It's a great intent, but the truth is that the tabbed Warwick cover is flawed, and has been for a very long time. The tabs break, or lose their flexibility to engage. It's also possible that the base plate that the tabbed cover engages has an issue.

With a tab issue, the cover can fall off the bass in normal playing (have spent time on a dark stage with a flashlight trying to locate a fallen cover: just hope it falls shielding side up, haha), or it becomes extremely difficult to remove, depending on the circumstance. If it's happening at the beginning of ownership, it won't get better.

The normal Sadowsky screw-in cover is far superior. No need to fix something that isn't broken, right? (There is actually a compliment in this statement. .)

My experience is from owning 4 different Warwicks, all of which had cover tab issues. The easiest fix is to clip off the tabs, and tape the cover into place. Not a great look or functionality on an expensive bass, but at least taping works and is reliable. As an aside, Warwick is on it's 3rd version of JAN, improving it along the way. However, it appears they're still on v1 of tabbed cover, preserving and continuing its flawed design all this time.

To commemorate the new year, my resolution is that this will be the first and last time that I comment on this issue for the year. Happy, healthy 2022 to all Sadowsky folks!

timplog, Arthur U. Poon and rowsi like this.
  15. Spreck76

Spreck76 Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Texas
    All I can say is thank you Roger Sadowsky for providing such quality instruments. I always get compliments on my tone when I'm playing my MIJ Metroexpress; sound guy loves it and says it is very consistent up and down the neck, he never loses me. My hunt continues for a Modern 5 string.

16. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    When I switched from Modulus to Sadowsky I went for the 24f Modern instead of the Jazz models. The Modern had everything I was looking for and expected Modulus to have. My Mod basses were great but to me the Modern took me to the next level in feel, tone. It was what I was looking for.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  17. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Please share your feedback with Warwick:
    Ashley Hunsaker: [email protected]
    For international, please contact Hans Peter Wilfer: [email protected]

Fred312b, staccatogrowl and timplog like this.
  18. timplog

Jul 18, 2016
    santa fe, new mexico
    "cover falls off"
    -and battery falls out, dangling by the wires-awkward situation for sure.

as you note Warwick make some (of my favorite) fine bass guitars but their control cover, and also more especially their truss rod cover, and that adjust-a-nut version with the side tabs which seemingly inevitably break off have been a little dodgy over the years.
    probably as their focus is on wood (quite rightfully) plastic doesn't quite compute.

I do like that adjustable nut in brass though, my Warwicks and Alembics use them among some some others I've seen.
    seems like a logical feature.

19. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    This is a huge bonus imo. Does anyone know whether the chambering is just under the pickguard or whether there is a veneer top as (I assume) in the NYC models? Seriously considering adding a P/J to the tribe and Roger has two listed at the moment. The nyc looks great but is a 1.75" nut which is too wide for me, however he also has a candy apple red P/J metroline which has a 1.5" nut and is quite drool-inspiring.

timplog and Fred312b like this.
  20. Sean Gill

Sean Gill

Dec 31, 2021
    I'm not a guitar expert so can you help explain how chambering makes a huge difference. Does it just make the guitar lighter so that it's more ergonomic?