Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. marchone

marchone Since 1951

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC/NYS

I'm waiting for an Ampeg PF-50T and a Mesa Boogie SW115 to be delivered, and charged, this week.

I'll keep my eye out for a Warwick MetroLine RW4-WL from the NYC shop. Production seems far from ramped up now.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Tim1 likes this.
  2. B-Lo

B-Lo Bassist, Drummer, Sound Tech, part time Ninja...

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    I second that, but in a 5 string. Any idea what BHP stands for?

3. rowsi

rowsi

Jan 31, 2018
    Germany
    Black High Polish

B-Lo likes this.
  4. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Thanks!

5. timplog

timplog Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2016
    santa fe, new mexico
    also meant to comment that the Gator brand TSA approved hardcase (~$160) in that pic fits that Warwick MetroLine 4/24 like a glove, like it was made for it..
    even room for the strap locks and strap on one end.
    Bass came in a nice Sadowsky gig-bag but I like to keep everything stored in hard cases.

cheers

6. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Yes I had the switch. In my experience I did not hear much if any tone difference with the stacked set switched in or out. The gain bumped up a bit in single coil mode, but after adjusting for the volume change, the tone was not noticeable different to my ears. YMMV .

danclaro likes this.
  7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    this agrees with what they told me when i chose to have these put in my ME. good to know, and good news. no real appreciable difference or loss of tone going to hum cancelling mode.

8. KaseOfBass

KaseOfBass Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I've had the itch to play around with my ultra vintage 5, particularly been curious about other soapbars with coils in a P or reverse P configuration. I'll say that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Sadowsky soaps, I loved the tone, but curiosity got the better of me.

I bought some Bart quad coils and installed them last night with a coil switch that puts both pickups in P, all coils in series, or reverse P configuration. The Barts are less output, more compressed, and warmer/darker with less extension in the highs than the Sadowsky soaps, but that's what I expected. Even just the small distance difference of P vs. reverse P creates a noticeable difference in tone with reverse P tightening up the low-end because of the coils for the B, E, and A being a smidge closer to the bridge and smoothing out the D and G; P config having a little looser low-end and more treble extension on the high strings. All coils in series is definitely a nice, warm and thick sound that's fatter than the Sadowsky soaps.

Historically, I have not been a fan of Bartolini pickups, but have liked some of the tones I've heard them produce in other basses over the last couple of years. Unsure if this is going to stay this way - gigs will be the true test - but so far I'm really liking the results, especially the reverse P config.

IMG_1095.jpg

9. nickpc

nickpc

Jul 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    ExaltBass, Breeze3, danclaro and 17 others like this.
  10. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    I hear that. This one is on its way. It was 81 degrees here 3 days ago. Now it's going to be in the 30s-40s this week, so I'll have to resist the urge to unbox it immediately once it arrives.

https://www.sadowsky.com/product/8986-candy-apple-orange-5-21-p-j-vintage/

ExaltBass, Breeze3, danclaro and 7 others like this.
  11. nickpc

nickpc

Jul 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    Same here - I was running the AC 2 days ago, now the heat's getting a workout. The nice thing is I work from home, about 10 feet from the front door, so I'll have it inside as soon as it's delivered ("Sorry y'all - have to step away from the meeting for a minute to get my new Sadowsky bass!") and can start the acclimation process!

12. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    No kidding! Gave it some thought, decided that I could swing it and sell some other stuff off afterwards, but it's gone, gone, gone. Have been thinking about commissioning a WL5 with ebony/ash, and this was pretty darned close to that.

kobass and B-Lo like this.
  13. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Priorities.

timplog, nickpc and kobass like this.
  14. conttador

conttador Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    My new to me ‘92 NYC Modern currently has the newer Sadowsky Pickups and an East preamp.

I have the original EMGs and the original pre VTC preamp. Does anyone have the original wiring diagram? I’d like to put the original EMGs with the original preamp.

Hoping @Sadowsky can help me out as I didn’t see it on their site.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Low8 likes this.
  15. Rjb1101

Rjb1101

Jan 4, 2021
    What’s an HPJ?

16. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Hybrid PJ
    P body, J neck width, PJ pickups.

Spidey2112, Holdsg and R&B like this.
  17. danclaro

danclaro

Nov 26, 2007
    Princeton, NJ
    I can second this.

Vic likes this.
  18. One super cool and tight Sadowsky PJ:

Heavy Dude, GRoberts, 31HZ and 10 others like this.
  19. marchone

marchone Since 1951

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC/NYS
    Those guys were on fire.

kobass likes this.
  20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Yummy.

SadowskySteve likes this.