Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. stingray78

stingray78 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2012
    I would consider not using the top screws. The way it looks on the photos, the top holes may be exposed if you or a future owner wants to put the 19 mm bridge back on down the road. IMO the bottom screws will hold down the bridge just fine, they certainly do on other basses.

basmansam likes this.
  2. Chris Chong

Chris Chong

Feb 24, 2023
    the claim of evenness and tone across the board is real.

Was not a SS fan, but I’m sold.

the JAN and truss rod wheel made it easy to achieve low action with little effort. Just an amazing bass. Except the tuners .

3. warptheory

warptheory Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2021
    You know, I wasn’t thinking about that last night. I looked this morning and sure enough all of my other basses only have screws on the bottom. I suppose the 2 top screws aren’t needed, and the bottom ones did match up perfectly…

Might give this another go tonight.

flewis and stingray78 like this.
  4. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    I agree…having a number of top notch (non-SC) basses on hand…whenever I return to one of my Sad SC’s, a slightly fuller ‘presence’ of the bass is indeed noticeable to my ear (including vs my NYC WL5-22)...they also resonate differently unplugged (couch noodling)...

Yea, their appearance/design might be polarizing among the community, but they’re for sure worth checking out for tone/playability. I find them extremely comfortable to play… IMG_0919.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    LM Bass, rmayer, timplog and 11 others like this.
  5. Frank Kreber

Frank Kreber

Mar 5, 2022
    Germany
    Kevk,

The spalted mable top is beautiful beyond description !!!

Many bass players don t like the aesthetic aspect of singlecut basses. Thats absolutely ok. I hope that Roger
    Sadowskys opinion make them think about the functional aspects- people often claim that the Singlecut is just a silly kind of fashion.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
    kobass and kevk like this.
  6. Breeze3

Breeze3

Sep 10, 2003
    Nanuet,NY
    I have tried a few SC basses , wasn’t a comfortable playability for me. I played the Sadowsky SC at the shop and it was a totally different experience , the body seemed a bit smaller and more comfortable to me. Of all the SC basses out there , Roger’s are IMHO the best looking SC on the market

kobass, Frank Kreber and kevk like this.
  7. ragetoca

ragetoca Joe

Sep 16, 2013
    Georgia
    Just don't play it sitting down as it has a tendency to fall off the leg which feels just weird. The bottom horn should be a bit longer. For those of us who own a Sad SC it is a bit annoying

8. Frank Kreber

Frank Kreber

Mar 5, 2022
    Germany
    I never experienced this as annoying. Of course you are right, the horn could be longer but using a strap while sitting down makes you forget it

9. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA
    Endorsing: LAKLAND SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS NORDSTRAND TEMPLEBOARD KIRLIN DRSTRINGS ACCESS

10. ajando3500

ajando3500

Aug 8, 2017
    Hi! I'm planning on buying a Sadowsky Metroline, but a question has come to my mind:

If I bypass the preamp with the VTC knob, is the battery still being drained if I don't unplug the bass?

11. KaseOfBass

KaseOfBass Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Yes, the battery will still drain if plugged in.

Fuzzbass and ajando3500 like this.
  12. ragetoca

ragetoca Joe

Sep 16, 2013
    Georgia
    LOL
    I practice sitting down

JimS likes this.
  13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

As a bar band guy I gig standing up, so I choose to practice standing up. I did a recording session last month and played standing up because I'm more comfortable that way.

All that said, I suppose I should practice seated at least some of the time. I don't sight read so that rules out pit gigs, but some other situation might come up (shrug).

14. jim nolte

jim nolte

Oct 26, 2006
    california
    You might have to do a gig with a really really low ceiling :)

15. timplog

timplog Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2016
    santa fe, new mexico
    "some other situation that comes up" is age I'm afraid-speaking as one turning 70 next year

16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Good point. I'm not that far behind you!

kobass and marchone like this.
  17. Matt275

Matt275 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2021
    My new baby IMG_4567.jpeg

18. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Jerry J, Matt275, kevk and 1 other person like this.
  19. Turning 70 next month, and I'm still standing..... But my basses are lightweight, all between 3.4 and 3.9 kg.

20. Thumpinshelton

Thumpinshelton Supporting Member

So, I am now on the wait for one of the latest SMX 5's and have a couple questions for anyone who has one! First is with he preamp itself: I have seen people swapping the pre for one with the VTC. IS that solely for the tone control? Is the stock preamp a legit Sadowsky that would come with a US version (prior to VTC) or is it a "licensed" version. Next question is the pickups. Said they now come with hum cancelling pups (which I always go with), but with are they actual Sadowsky or just made close to the real thing to make it work? I am a Lakland player and this is my first step in the Sadowsky world.....so be gentle...haha!

Deep and GregC like this.