1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jeffreysearch

jeffreysearch

Apr 25, 2011
    Newcastle
    Thanks Jug.. Yes i like the classic look.. already have two 3TSB pbasses .. so this is a little different ,colour wise.. and its my Jazz version you can say... but with more tone variations. But i love the Hard aged look too.. but this was a good price when i bought it. Cheers.

2. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
  3. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Sweetness right there

db59 likes this.
  4. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    I like white pickups

db59 likes this.
  5. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    and you have good taste, we know that

6. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    Thanks my friend, You too :)

Cuzzie likes this.
  7. TideSwing

TideSwing Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2014
    NV
    Sign me up! Needed a new five after having only a four the last few months. Didn’t have a Sandberg in mind at all but this popped up on my Reverb feed and it really piqued my interest. The YouTube vids sounded great and the neck specs sounded different in a good way to anything out there. I took a chance and glad I did cause it surpassed all expectations! Dig the naked look of this one, took off the black pickguard to show off the nice ash.
    D87A19E5-B058-4DA2-9E0A-16A78E1A3BEE. 0D86D424-76EA-497B-9B9C-D1CCC8EFB115. CEF69831-7ACA-4DEB-98E4-5C80880FA6F1. 0219320E-860B-4DBA-A655-C60650933B57.

8. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    hi TideSwing :)
    !
    That girl has a nice ash! :D

Happy NBD!

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

9. Classy!

TideSwing likes this.
  10. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    @DanielW Welcome to the Sandberg Club! Your number is #146 :)

DanielW likes this.
  11. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    @jeffreysearch Welcome to the Sandberg Club! Your number is #147 :)

blindrabbit likes this.
  12. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    @db59 Welcome to the Sandberg Club! Your number is #148 :)

db59 likes this.
  13. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    @TideSwing Welcome to the Sandberg Club! Your number is #149 :)

TideSwing likes this.
  14. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Hello Sandberg players,

Been looking at a "48"...any personal reviews...pros..cons...would be great.
    Also....how's the access to upper frets?
    thanks db

15. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Great bass with a great sound - upper register is fine to access.

No neck dive, but is a little more horizontal, and your feet Hand is thrown forward a little because of the shape, like if you played a steinberger/Hohner headless.

Pro’s - you look and play like a badass

Cons - you look and play like a badass

No substitute for trying to play one, without copping out, it’s truly the only way to decide as it won’t be for everyone, but it’s a bloody good bass

BrentSimons, TB24 and db59 like this.
  16. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Good stuff right there folks!!!!!

Cuzzie likes this.
  17. I’ll take a number. Sandberg California II VM4. This bass has quickly become my #1, surpassing 11 other high end basses. I’m thoroughly impressed and so are my 2 main sound guys.

88396AF9-0070-4ADE-9961-B878783DFFFF.

18. Nice. Ebony board?

19. Actually it's a really dark rosewood. I asked the same question when I traded for it though. The blocks are stickers which I'm going to take off when I change the strings. I'm thinking about changing the pick guard to a tort guard, but the white on creme is growing on me....

20. Juan Lauda

Juan Lauda

Sep 14, 2008
    Sydney
    My Sandberg family has a new member. I picked up this beautiful tobacco burst Mark II VM5 yesterday: priced to sell, only six months old but needing a proper setup. I lowered the action, replaced a bent tuning peg with a new one thoughtfully provided by the seller, replaced the strings, adjusted the saddle intonation and have had a hard time putting it down since.

What a player. I’ve quickly grown adjusted to the new balance and shape. Running it in passive mode most of the time as the split-P humbucker sounds so warm and Precision-like on its own.

Holger and crew, you’ve done it again.

IMG_0857.