1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Stambaugh - Show your Stammies!! [Part 6]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Could someone PM me his number. His website is down.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Sent!

The new bass hanging out among its brethren.

026300B9-72B7-48B2-99C4-0101149FA188.jpeg

3. Got it. Thanks!

That bass looks swell! Very elegant without being plain.

4. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I keep lurking... :D Just thought I'd drop by and post this!

My girlfriend got me probably the most unique birthday present I've ever gotten... She found an artist on Instagram who creates miniature versions of guitars, and sent him photos of my Stambaugh 5 to have him create a mini! Since I'm one of those people that names my basses, the original is named Quorra and the mini is named Voodoo (as in "it's a voodoo doll version of the original" ;);) )

I'd say the guy did pretty good, just based on photos!

5sg.

Quorra and Voodoo.jpg

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    That's adorable!

fivestringgecko likes this.
  6. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    Wanted to share with everyone a video of me unboxing my new Stambaugh 9-String Bass!!! It's basically a 6-string bass with the top three strings in octaves. The top 3 strings (with octaves) go through 3 Strat-style pickups with a 5-way pickup selector and the low 3 strings go through two P-style pickups with a 3-way selector. Each of these two sets of strings come out a different output jack so they can run through different EQ's, Amps, FX, etc. It's gonna be a wild bass!

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Wow, that is incredibly cool. And it looks fantastic too. Congrats on the new bass!

FretFree and Jaco Taco like this.
  8. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    That is amazing... so awesome!

FretFree and Jaco Taco like this.
  9. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    Thanks! It's been a great experience working with Chris Stambaugh on such an unusual bass, he had to get pretty innovative to get the bridge how I wanted it with the close string-spacing that I like.

10. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Is his website back on line yet ? can someone PM me his phone # please, thanks

Crazy wild bass JT, cant wait to hear a video clip of it in action.

FretFree likes this.
  11. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I played my Master Classic in service today! Killer bass, for sure!!!

FretFree likes this.
  12. Symphony2040

Symphony2040 Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  13. rockosocko

rockosocko

Sep 14, 2008
    I finally got mine. 20191223_113134.jpg

14. Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    Beautiful! Good choice with the gold hardware.

rockosocko likes this.
  15. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Two gorgeous Stambaugh basses!! Those 6’ers are killing it!!!

FretFree and Symphony2040 like this.
  16. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Beautiful basses guys. I have a number of nice basses but I think my Stambaugh is still my favorite, although I have had it nearly 20 years now it just feels like home, also probably the most stable instrument I own, this thing is solid as a rock.

Is Chris still in the business ? Seems he has never bothered to reboot his website. He builds such nice stuff would be ashame to see him hang it up

Symphony2040 likes this.
  17. Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    I really hope so! I would love to have an instrument built, but also noticed that the website has been down for months. Judging from recent posts, it seems that the wait time is excruciating as well.

18. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    My stambaugh is really the only one in my collection that I play and will be my main go too for the rest of my gigging days. If I thought that Id be able to get another built in any reasonable anount of time, I'd put up the cash right now. I think that Chris may be overloaded. I feel that he is the best builder out there. Period. He can do anything. Thats why he's so busy.

Nightman and Symphony2040 like this.
  19. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I also considered that beauty but Im not a 6 string player and the spacing was too close anyway. Gorgeous bass and a fine example of the builders skills

Symphony2040 likes this.
  20. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Word is that between repeat customers and Wing Bass he's super busy and doesn't need a website. I'm sure if you call him he'll still build you anything, but it'll be a bit of a wait.

Nightman likes this.