Clutch anyone??

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by charles21o7, Dec 13, 2004.

1. I ve liked this band since they released their second album. Really cool unique band. Great songs to rock out to. I didnt know that they released a new album this year. Has anyone got it, is it any good??? Any other fans of these guys??
  2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Clutch is without a doubt in my "top 5." I've been a fan for several years now.
    Dan Maines and Jean-Paul Gaster make a KILLER rhythm section, and most of their songs are built around super strong grooves.

The new album is different, but fantastic nonetheless. Go get it soon!
  3. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    The new album, Blast Tyrant, is some of their best work yet. Great album from start to finish.
  4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Clutch is awesome!! I've seen them....I can't even count how many times.
  5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah, Clutch is an amazing band, I got into The Elephant Riders and was just shocked at what a badass album that is, I just got Jam Room too and that's also a sweet album. Can't wait to get Blast Tyrant!
  6. Sure. Why not? I saw them in Houston a number of years ago. A friend invited me to an $8 could I say no?

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  8. for sure, some friends and i almost rented a car to drive to toronto to see them with fu manchu and high on fire last weekend, but unfortunatly a few of them had exams in the next morning and we wouldnt have been able to make the 25 hour car ride in time
  9. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    I meant to put this in my previous post, but I saw them this past Friday with High on Fire and Fu Manchu. Fantastic show.

If you're a clutch fan and you don't have the self titled disk, get away from your computer, but your pants on and hit the nearest music shop immediately. Or order it naked from Amazon... just get it.
  10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    One of my favorite bands. "I celebrate their whole catalog".

Blast Tyrant (their new album) kills. Slightly different from Pure Rock Fury though.
  11. Yes the past show with High on fire was great.