1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

c'mon Fender, give us...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4andnomore, Aug 4, 2012.

1. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Nov 14, 2008
    1 - A Standard and American Standard P/J - same models as now but with a passive P/J+three way switch

2 - A simple UNLINED fretless P bass - Std and Am Std. Maple, Rosewood or Ebony would be nice

3 - Fewer (or none, as far as I am concerned) overpriced signature models

Is this too much too ask, really?

2. American standard Mustang bass.

And if i could be really picky: Natural finish ash body, maple neck, tort gaurd, and comes with a fitted case!

3. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Nov 14, 2008
    Natural ash as a standard offering all around. Good one!

4. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    More colors choices and matching headstocks

5. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    I agree on re-introducing an unlined fretless p, I've always wanted one, but don't have 2 grand for an original one. Also, I would love to see a coronado, although if they ever did re-issue it, it would need to be part of the american vintage series to give it justice.

6. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    ^ Totally with this one. Tired of the standard black, white, red, and sunburst offerings...

7. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O))))

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    AVRI 68 Telecaster
    AVRI Coronado

And some more darned Guild Starfires!

8. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    neck width options on the amstd p-basses.
    1-1/2", 1-5/8", 1-3/4".
    and make these options avaible to us lefties, along with more color/fingerboard options besides black or burst with rosewood.

9. Ivan R

Ivan R

Jun 8, 2012
    The TF fretless was $1599 during June/July.

10. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Nov 14, 2008
    I had a TF fretless for a while. It was really nice and super well made but at the same time did not have some of the more desirable (for me at least) features of the Am std P-Bass. Plus it only comes in two colors and costs $400-50 more.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that Fender move away from signature models and allow players more options to create the bass of their own individual liking. I mean really, how many players shopping in the 1k+ price range are buying sig models because they're named after so-and-so. In fact, I bought that TF fretless IN SPITE of the fact tat it was a sig model.

Just my take on the whole thing.

11. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    A Telecaster shaped bass like G and L's ASAT

12. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Nov 14, 2008
    How about a plain ol' telecaster reissue - non Custom Shop that is.

13. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Nov 14, 2008
    Here's a thought - how many sting sig bass owners are really digging that hideous "Sting" inlay n at the 12th position? Yuk!

14. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Bring back the Jazz Bass Special or give the Duff sig the original electronics and offer it in black.

15. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    A Modern Player Jaguar with a 32" neck and rosewood fretboard. You can even name it the Agent77 signature model.

16. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    This!

1 3/4" nut width is where its at for me!

17. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I've had the itch to explore the P/J territory lately and if Fender ever introduced a passive Standard or a passive American Standard P/J I'd be right there to try it.

Never tried that combination before, but I'd like to see what it's all about. I do have a 2011 American Standard 5 string Jazz bass and I LOVE it! Has a kick and a half to it. I also have a 2011 MIJ 70's P bass that I bought a few months ago and I love that equally. Seems like you could get some nice sounds from a P/J.

18. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    I'll take a P/J passive for sure!

19. VTheHTyphoon

VTheHTyphoon

May 4, 2010
    I'd really enjoy a Fender Jazz 24 reissue

20. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    ^with an option to go passive. With a nice flat maple board.