Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Coal Chamber

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Jan 28, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Does anyone know what the bassists from coal chamber uses (bass,effects) I'm tring to get something like on the song fiend or dreamtime.

Thanks.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    She uses a bass. Probably some scooped mids thing. Her bass tone sucks, IMHO.

3. CKYBassist

CKYBassist

Nov 28, 2002
    i'm pretty sure she uses one of the ibanez soundgear models. I'm not sure if she uses 4 or 5 string though, and yes, her tone is really bad

i'm referring to their first bassist though, i'm not sure what their new one uses.

4. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    meh, i like it, thats all that matters to me.

5. Their new bassplayer uses a shetner devil bass... atleast that's what I saw from the fiend video. She uses distortion and phaser effects, I have no clue which brands, but they sound like the boss ones. I also think she may use ampeg amps. The old one used no effects, an ibanez soundgear bass and mesa boogie amps. She also really dug in with her fingers, almost hitting the strings to get more of that click... Geez, I'd really hate to be drummer for sevendust right now. :eek: :D

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't get it.... OHHHH. yeah. imagine the kids huh.

7. I was actually refering to the strength of her fingers... but still that's a valid point too.

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh no, i got what you ment,,, i was just adding to the other fact that ,,,their kids would be,,,, ah, screw it. See them on cribs? FUNKY!.

9. Um... I don't watch mtv... I always feel like wasting my money on popular merchandise afterwards for some reason.:confused:

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't make a habit of it either, i find most MTV to be said, over hyped music BS. My pop rock loving brother though, has it on all the time.I glanced up from the walk to the kitchen for some grub and saw them on cribs. And i know what you mean, after watching MTV, i have a sudden urge to buy a beanie, buy very tight pre-worn jeans, and sing like i just got hit in the nuts by a 2x4.....

Good thing i stopped.

11. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    So...Does she cut the mids, kinda like how fieldy plays that clicky sound, except...not as intense?

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    C'mon, kids! Put on your coats! We're taking a ride to Bassists!

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Hey, how about you listen to song, try to find a bass tone that fits, then listen to it again, tweak your tone some more, and keep doing this until your satisfied? That, and try what bigfeet said.