1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

coated strings on a fretless?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jun 29, 2007.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Hello! i was wondering if i could use blacke beautys DR coated strings on a fretless? Its a maple board, and im afraid that the coat will paint the board, since the paint is lost with time.

Thanks!

2. doog

doog

Jun 26, 2007
    the coat on the strings wont effect the finish on your fretboard...i think thats what you are asking :eyebrow:

i have the blue ones and ive never had a problem with flaking.

though you might be weary about the roundwounds hurting your board but i highly doubt that'll be an issue, maple is tank wood

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Actually its for afriend of mine who has a beautifull birdeye maple fretboard, and im giving him the DR strings which i have in the box, but dont want to ruin his finguerboad. He uses roundwounds, so thats not the issue. The issue is more the fact the coat getting into the neck.

thanks!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021