Cobain inspired film

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 11, 2004.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

2. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i'd be happy to see it, although i think everyone should just leave the memory of cobain as a memory and stop dragging it up.

although i know the filmmaker's work and i really respect it, so it might be a really interesting watch.
    drugstore cowboy is an amazing film.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    What? Kurt Cobain died?!!?!??!?!?
  4. Hahaha.

Post of the year. :D
  5. Right on man. People can be real idiots sometimes regardless of whether or not they mean well. noone knows what the hell was in Cobain's head before he took his own life, and people don't know what in particular made him kill himself. Why make a movie about someone when you probably don't know THE HALF of what his life was all about.
    Nuff said, the man should rest in piece.
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Why? To get another layer of skin off....
    Grunge is quietly returning, and they want to cash in
  7. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Bleh, (brutal truth alert)

While it might be INTERESTING, its in no way inspirational to me. I mean,,look at it this way... That guy had sex w/ courtney love, & she's one of the most repulsive humans walking the planet today.

He's just a front man, who had issues & a heroin problem.
  8. You know, there are some people out there (myself included) who feel that Cobain was murdered. Dateline even did a special on the possibility of it not too long ago. There were just too many unanswered questions about his "suicide" that made me question it.
  9. I know very few nirvana fans who actually believe he killed himself. Conspiracies make for better stories, I guess.

Hey John

I saw in my local book store a book on this very topic surrounding the theory that Kurt was murdered.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah, I saw the kurt and courtney flick... that's messed up. The part where the Mentors singer gets killed, I know he had a lot of people who COULD kill him, but it seems to coincidental.
  12. I only ask three questions of the people who think Cobain killed himself.

1. How did he survive after injecting 3 times the lethal dose of heroine into his body. (Which even would have killed an addict like himself almost instantly)

2. After putting a shotgun into his mouth, how did he pull the trigger? Since it was too far away for his arm to reach it, and he was wearing shoes.

3. Why have they not been able to match the supposed "suicide note" to any sample of Cobain's handwriting.
  13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    +1, as a die-hard Nirvana fan I strongly believe that he was to this 3 reasons there is plenty more that doesn't match up the 'suicide' thing that makes you think is the fact that Kurt and Courtney had an agrement. If they would divorce, each would take along their own share of the money, but, if one of them would die, the other one would get all the money...makes you think huh...

For everybody who is interested I strongly recomend this book:

Love and Death: The murder of Kurt Cobain

by Ian Halperin and Max Wallace

It doesn't say who killed him, but it provides strong indications who did it and in which direction should be looked.

I wonder if the police will ever reverse their theory on his death as a suicide.
  15. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    WHO CARES. a junkie died. a very talented junkie, but a junkie all the same.

he is dead.
    he is not coming back.

courtney will never ever ever be convincted. it will make amazing court TV but nothing else.

the very notion of the police reopening the case is completely laughable :rolleyes:
  16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    When i went through my nirvana phase, i had no idea he was dead till i saw a RIP kurt shirt... but luckily VH1 had a special on nirvana that day, so i learned he had been dead for years before i asked anyone when he died.... :p
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Didn't really survive, now did he?

Well, how long after he injected did he pull the trigger? Entirely possible he did them in rapid succession. Seperate injections would have a different effect than one huge amount at once. You build up an immunity. A good alcoholic can have two to three times the "lethal dose" of booze in their body at any given time. Same goes for drugs.

And, really, doesn't the condition of 1 answer number 3?
  18. What I meant was, the amount of heroine should have killed him instantly, not giving him any time to grab a shotgun and shoot himself. Assuming of course, that he didn't shoot himself before shooting up.

The heroine was believed to be injected at the same time. Furthermore, the heroine was 95% contained in his right arm. The "tourniquet" used when he injected had been removed. This poor circulation of the drug suggests that it was injected shortly before or after his heart stopped beating.

The suicide note is believed to have been written before he was injected or shot. In addition, I would also like to point out that even though the suicide note was on a table BEHIND Cobain, there was not a single trace of blood on the note, though there was blood splatter on several areas of the table it was sitting on.
  19. If he wrote the letter after injecting the heroin he couldn't have done the heroin and shot himself in rapid succession. Just pointing that out in your argument. Besides I doubt that they would be unable to match the handwriting because he was under the influence of heroin. I'm sure he has written stuff while still high (is that the right terminology for heroin?) they could have matched it up with.

Bah, I don't know if it was a murder or a suicide, but I think Kurt gets too much attention because he died. It's a given that anyone in the rock business who dies young doubles or triples in popularity. I think this movie will be another example of taking a dead star's fame and saing something about it. I feel like this filmmaker truly wants to create something good, a real masterpiece of symbolism and stuff. But I don't really like the idea. He's dead and he was a great musician. He did a lot for rock and helped create the grunge scene. But please, let it stop.
  20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You insensitive bastrich. Now there's two of us.