1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cocco

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by AllodoX, Mar 30, 2002.

1. I was wondering..

Besides myself, who else plays with Richard Cocco strings ?

I love them.. they're a little expensive, but they're handmade, and have the very best feel, tension and sound i've ever experienced..

On the 4-string Yamaha : RC4H ( 050 - 070 - 090 - 110 stainless )
    On the 5-string Ibanez : RC5C ( 045 - 065 - 085 - 105 - 125 stainless )

me like thick strings :)

2. I used to, but no-one imports them into New Zealand any more. They were the best strings I ever played, the only thing I did'nt like was the lack of silk, or twisting, made the G string hard to stay on the tuning post on a Fender Jazz, so I used to tie it on with a knot.

3. They stay perfectly in place on my Yamaha and Ibanez.. :)

4. I used to use them but I was told they went out of buisiness. I started using Fodera diamonds. I was also told that Fodera purchased the string machines from Cocco which made them the same string. Let me know where I can purchase them. Do they have a web site ?

5. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I got fed up with DR's a couple of weeks ago. My friendly music store salesman suggested I try the R Cocco strings. I love em.

I use the 45-125 on my Warwick FNA JazzMan 5 string. I'm starting to like the thicker strings. I like the tapered E and B. (The B is a must on the Warwick)

Not to many bassplayers seem to know about this brand, so I guess I'm lucky!

Question: Are these strings any good on a fretless? I have a Cort Artisan (insert type here) 5 string fretless that I would like to put some new strings on. Somehow, the Elixers don't seem to cut it.