Cody Chesnutt

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jason Carota, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Has anyone heard and/or have Cody Chesnutt's debut CD, "The Headphone Masterpiece?" I have heard many glowing reviews of the album, but I am having a hard time finding some sound clips (I have tried all my usual sources -- cdnow (amazon), fye, audiophile, AMG, etc.) The All Music Guide review really hightened my interest. Part of the review, in an attempt to describe his sound, contained the following:

The only recording of his that I have is on the track "The Seed (2.0)" on the new Roots CD, "Phrenology." Any info is appreciated.
  2. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I just picked it up the other day. There's some really good stuff on there, but with 36 songs spread over two discs, there's definitely some "filler" too. I'd still recommend it. I love the DIY vibe of the whole thing.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Cody is a very good friend of mine, and I've had his music for about 2 years. That said, I felt that a double CD was a bit much, and some of the coolest beats on there were used a filler. He's a very talented guy, and the fact that he turned down 3 majors are a plus in my book.